Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for bbq food - post here please :-)

(16 Posts)
Thomcat Tue 10-May-05 17:23:14

I love a barbie, as does d, we have one every night of the week in the summer! So some of your fab bbq ideas would be much appreciated for this years bbq's.

Here's one of mine

2 large sheets tin foil, place tomatoes in middle, por over olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soem suger and some garlic. Fold over sides and clamp together then fold in 2 ends and make a handle, sort of like a tin foil basket ands bung on bbq. Scrummy.

Thomcat Tue 10-May-05 17:38:22

errr, this is out of active conversations already , I'm not having that

Your bbq receipe ideas please...........

lima Tue 10-May-05 17:50:56

cajun chicken - just cover flattened chicken breast in cajun spice and cook

chicken marinated in olive oil, lemon, garlic and oregano - seerve with pittas, hummus, greek salad etc etc

Thomcat Tue 10-May-05 17:53:49

Thank you Lima, finally!

More please, or do you want me to have a summer filled with last years receipes and no new mumsnet ideas. Do you not want us to sit round licking our lips saying 'ummmm, that XXXXX from Mumsnet sure know her stuff, that was great, let's raise a glass to her (or him)'. ?

MarsLady Tue 10-May-05 17:54:27

M&S have cookies for the bbq [drooling emoticon]

What about prawns that have marinated in a lovely lime and chili?

lima Tue 10-May-05 17:55:58

home made burgers - especial favourites have chilli and coriander in them - it's necessary to have a lakeland burger maker for even thickness and cooking

and we cook on gas................sorry

lima Tue 10-May-05 17:56:39

monkfish kebabs

MarsLady Tue 10-May-05 17:58:57

bananas with marshmallows and chocolate inside, wrapped in foil.

DH says jerk chicken (pre cook in oven first though)
Peppers stuffed with mushrooms, mozarella cheese and chopped onion. Wrapped in foil!

bundle Tue 10-May-05 18:00:19

thick slices of pineapple, with blob of butter, some honey, vanilla seeds, whatever you have in cupboard, all wrapped up in foil. be careful tho - v hot!

trefusis Sat 14-May-05 20:39:54

Message withdrawn

bossykate Sat 14-May-05 20:43:25

veggie kebabs - haloumi cheese, red pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, courgettes, aubergine etc. haloumi also marinates v. well so you can marinate the whole lot in olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, thyme or whatever takes your fancy. haloumi also works well kebab'ed with fruit, e.g. apple, pear etc.

bossykate Sat 14-May-05 20:44:14

oh yes, lima, monkfish and prawn skewers, maybe with a mango and lime sauce/marinade.

soapbox Sat 14-May-05 20:52:25

Here is a recent thread with some more ideas

trefusis Sat 14-May-05 21:11:17

Message withdrawn

rickman Sat 14-May-05 21:14:52

Message withdrawn

trefusis Sun 15-May-05 11:18:56

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: