Talk

Advanced search

dh made pork burgers and when cooked the pork reeked like shite

(7 Posts)
brimfull Tue 09-Jun-09 19:33:37

he used eggs ,apples and onions all smelled fine ,as did the raw pork

but when we went t eat them the smell was so disgusting I couldn't bring myself to eat them
dh tried a bite and said it was horrendous

the smell reminded me of when I once cooked some dog mince yrs ago when my dog was a pfb blush

this was waitrose minced pork

weird eh?

Nolda Tue 09-Jun-09 19:39:02

I have heard that what the pig has been fed can affect the taste of the meat. This too happened to me with Waitrose pork (chops) a few years ago - the meat looked and smelt fine raw but once cooked it was inedible.

morningpaper Tue 09-Jun-09 19:40:12

dunno

lol @ PFB dog

peggotty Tue 09-Jun-09 19:40:56

'reeked like shite' grin
sounds like it was off then. Pork is one of those things that shouldn't really be made into mince!

brimfull Tue 09-Jun-09 20:12:41

wouldn't it smell off when it was raw though?

nannyL Tue 09-Jun-09 20:58:29

i was in a pub the other day with lots of friends...

a couple of the guys ordered a mixed grill and the pork did actually smell like cow poo.

it was gross... even the peas that touched the meat smelt of this vile smell.

it was gross and made me feel sick... they guys were typical guys, at the lot aqnd suffered no ill effects as a result!

MrsMuddle Tue 09-Jun-09 21:59:52

The one and only time I've had diorrhea (sp?) was in Bulgaria on our honeymoon 21 years ago. I ate something that tasted like shite (food was scarce and generally horrible), and then literally 10 minutes later it came out the other end, hot and smelling the same as it smelt when I ate it.

It was a pork burger thing.

Bet you all wanted to know that! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now