Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with salmon that doesn't involve potatoes?

(13 Posts)
fartmeistergeneral Tue 09-Jun-09 16:39:55

?

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Tue 09-Jun-09 16:41:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadreInglese Tue 09-Jun-09 16:43:55

salmon, chopped brocolli and green beans/leeks/mange tout, mixed with pasta and light philly is nice, you can add prawns too

or salmon & poached egg on toast

or salmon salad wraps

<drool>

MadameDefarge Tue 09-Jun-09 16:45:48

rice?

I do a totally fat free (apart from the salmon) thing.

whizz up coriander, a four or five spring onions, a bit of ginger (lemongrass also if you have it) and some thai fish sauce and rice wine, put salmon on greaseproof paper and spread with mixture, make a parcel, bake for 12 mins at 220.

lovely with rice and a carrot and cucumber salad.

TheShipsCat Tue 09-Jun-09 16:46:27

Delicious website has a recipe for salmon, stuffed with rice and with pancetta wrapped around , then baked. It's very easy and good.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 09-Jun-09 16:46:57

thai salmon with noodles. I've done this a few times and its really lovely and quick/easy

Salmon Risotto

Salmon wrapped in parma ham with herby lemon lentils and creme fraiche

Baffy Tue 09-Jun-09 16:47:11

Had salmon the other day with noodles (both in a teryaki sauce) - yum!

CMOTdibbler Tue 09-Jun-09 16:48:00

Pan fried salmon, add carton of creme fraiche, snipped chives, tip frozen peas in. Serve over rice or pasta

MatNanPlus Tue 09-Jun-09 16:51:40

Salmon, white and wild rice(cooked) with beaten egg, formed into croquettes and baked.

Serve with steamed veg or salad.

FenellaFudge Tue 09-Jun-09 16:56:29

Stir fry.
Very tasty, quick and low cal, fat, carb:
fry smallish chunks of salmon for a minute, add in whatever veg you want - I like beansprouts, greenbeans precooked, sliced peppers, onions, mange tout, baby corn, cabbage/ pak choi, shredded carrot, brocolli etc - fry couple more minutes add in your seaonings/dreesing (i am just as happy with shop bought stir fry sauces).
My favourite meal at the moment.

StirlingTheStrong Tue 09-Jun-09 18:45:17

This Teriyaki Salmon is our favourite way to use salmon at the moment - I add noodles too!

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 10-Jun-09 08:24:10

Im going to make this tonight, which looks quite similar to Stirling's recipe. im going to add some noodles as well.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 10-Jun-09 08:42:45

Salmon fillets, marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, finely chopped garlic and ginger and the juice of a lime (and some chilli if you like). Baked in the oven for around 20 minutes.

Serve with noodles or egg fried rice, along with stir fried baby sweetcorn, green pepper and mange tout.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now