Talk

Advanced search

Aldi super 6 glut of cherries and plums - scrummy recipe ideas please, other than crumble or jam!

(7 Posts)
dandycandyjellybean Tue 09-Jun-09 15:45:44

Never really used fresh cherries for anything other than eating coz they usually so expensive, and usually do jam or crumble with plums.......anyone else get Super 6 gluts, or am I the only one who can't seem to help myself when stuff is so cheap? blush

mumbear Tue 09-Jun-09 15:56:13

I made a cobbler with the plums at the weekend. It tasted poo sad grin So ill be watching with interest!!

timmette Tue 09-Jun-09 16:30:14

Cherry clafoutis ?

dandycandyjellybean Tue 09-Jun-09 18:03:34

is a cobbler the one a bit like a crumble but with scone topping? somehow I've never fancied clafoutis, it feels a bit like yorkie pudding with fruit iyswim? thanks for the input tho. smile

timmette Tue 09-Jun-09 18:05:57

I have never had a clafoutis actually just seen it in various recipe books - sorry blush .

Othersideofthechannel Tue 09-Jun-09 18:19:49

Easy cherry clafoutis (from letscookfrench.com)

They translate it as baked custard.

Ingredients (serves 4 à 6 people):

- 400 g ripe black cherries
- 2 eggs
- 80 g caster sugar
- 80 g flour
- 20 cl milk
- salt

Directions:

Wash and stone the cherries. Spread them with half of the sugar and lay the cherries on a single layer in a cake pan buttered.

In a bowl, combine the flour, a pinch of salt and the remaining sugar. Add the eggs, whisk, then mix with the milk incorporated little by little.
Pour the batter on the cherries and bake for 35 mn in the oven at 390°F.

dandycandyjellybean Tue 09-Jun-09 18:25:00

Thankyou. check out the bbc good food mag website, have printed out recipes for:
easy cherry compote
cherry ripple icecream
cherry frangipane tart
cherry cream sundaes
cherry crumble pies
cherry vodka (hic)
cherry cheesecake slice

will try some and let you know how they turn out....yum yum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now