Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration needed!!!

(6 Posts)
Ria79 Tue 09-Jun-09 10:50:03

My DS is just over 7 months old now and has been weeded for the last i'd say 2 months under medical advise due to his severe Reflux.

I make all his meals even down to his juice (not that it stays down but you have to offer it eh!)

He loves everything apart from meat but have introduced Boots baby stock cube with Chicken and had no complaints!

I am getting bored of the the 4 veg, 2 fruit combinations now and i'm sure he is bless him.

I'm pretty sure he's allergic to Dairy.sad

I'm after simple "batch make & freeze" idea's as i'm starting to mash rather than blend now.

You know when you need to go shopping and you are looking in the cupborads, fridge etc thinking what can i make with what i've got here - this is how i'm feeling!!!

Please help...

Simple, tasty freezable meals!!!!
Thanks in advance xx

Overmydeadbody Tue 09-Jun-09 11:06:22

Try as mix of the following combinations, mixed or mashed together:

White fish with potatoes and peas and a little parsley

White fish with sweet potato and broccoli

Chicken, apple and carrots and rice

Haricot beans with red pepper and caugettes and basil

Beef, apple and couscous

Lamb with sweet potato and cinnamon

Chciken with parsnip and chestnut (you can buy tins of pureed chestnut for this)

Chicken, couscous coriander and carrots

Chickpeas, courgettes and sweet potato

Risotto of chicken, garlic and carrots

Ria79 Tue 09-Jun-09 11:08:13

Fantastic thanks so much!!!!
He not massive fan of meat, but then, 3 weeks ago he hated fruit lol!!!
Off to the supermarket now anyway so will give some of them a try, thanks again xx

Overmydeadbody Tue 09-Jun-09 11:09:20

Mostly what babies don't like about meat is the texture, rather than the taste, so only add a small amount of meat (20% ish) compared with the other ingredients, and you could blend it while keeping the other ingreidents more solid)

Another popular combination is buttenut squah and sweetcorn - but you need to cook and blend the sweetcorn till smooth, then pass it through a seive. This removes the indigestible outer shells of the sweetcorn, leaving just the nutritious flesh inside. Babies shouldn't have too much fibre.

Overmydeadbody Tue 09-Jun-09 11:11:26

No worries Ria, I used to make babyfood for a living lol so have plenty of experience grin

Ria79 Tue 09-Jun-09 20:53:12

Wow thats sounds like a great job! I love making his meals, DS1 was allergic to anything i put in his mouth so DS2 is fab compared!

We tried him with fish the other night and he was violently sick - i mean sick - not sure if was reflux or the fish so will leave the fish for a few more weeks and make sure everywhere is covered first!

I will deffinatly give them a go though, the look on his face now when he see's what he's getting is more "oh no not again" rather than "yay food" lol.

Got any ideas for puddings while you are on a roll?

He loves yogarts but like i say can't have them bless him. I've been boiling fruit and blending it then adding the Carobel thickener he's got for his milk to give it some form but again he's surely fed up of that too!

I've tried making stuff with his milk in it but if he has more than 25 oz a day he sick all night!

Thanks in advance for your time hun it's really grateful and i know DS2 will be too!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now