Talk

Advanced search

14 month old refusing to eat

(6 Posts)
Gangle Mon 08-Jun-09 21:33:47

Just posted in Development but think this may be better placed here. DS has been off his food for about a week/10 days. He has always had a healthy appetite but is now refusing to eat many of his favourite foods and is existing on a diet of bread and yoghurt although tonight he was even refusing bread. We were on holiday for a few days so he's possibly unsettled but his appetite was going even before then. I know the general rule is not to worry if they seem happy and alert and are still drinking (which he is) but just so worried and don't understand why he is suddenly so fussy. He was teething last week and also had hand and foot disease (we think) so could be linked to that. Can anyone shed any light? So worried.

Pingpong Mon 08-Jun-09 21:36:27

my 14m is just the same. All the favourites are getting rejected. All she wants is bread and yoghurt too. Sometimes fruit but sometimes not.
She had her MMR 11 days ago and has been feverish and is getting another molar through so I'm hoping her appetite and enthusiasm for food will return soon when teeth/fever settles.

Gangle Mon 08-Jun-09 21:42:32

it's so frustrating isn't it SMAC? Makes me feel like giving up cooking as he rejects everything I make for him. Is very hard not to get angry with them. Just find it so stressful when they seat there not eating and hurling food at you.

Gangle Mon 08-Jun-09 21:43:07

"sit" there.

Pingpong Mon 08-Jun-09 21:49:34

I know and DH says not to give her something else if she rejects what I've given her but I ignore that and give her bread or toast and cream cheese. She sleeps well at night so I don't want her waking at night hungry as that would make me more mad than rejecting food TBH.
She is usually pretty good at breakfast, lunch is okay and evening meal is the worst. Pasta used to be so popular, quick and easy and now totally rejected
I'm really hoping it's just a phase (and a quick one at that)

Gangle Mon 08-Jun-09 22:04:23

Same with us SMAC. At least breakfast seems to still be ok - he has porridge with banana then toast but today only had two spoonfuls of his favourite pasta for lunch (agree pasta is a winner and he used to love it!) and completely rejected sweet potato & peas & rice pudding for his dinner so I then gave him a yoghurt and toast, most of which he ate before throwing the remains at me. Really do hope it is just a phase but some of other threads I'm looking at here make depressing reading. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now