Talk

Advanced search

Spagetti bologanaise 100 different ways

(12 Posts)
HondaDream Tue 10-May-05 10:07:30

It seems spagetti is the only common dish which my three kids all eat. I would love to hear some varients on this dish. I have done eggs and bacon spagetti, pesto, plain cheese and garlic butter, anyone out there got a fab sauce for spagetti which is quick and easy.

misdee Tue 10-May-05 10:08:23

carbonara?

WigWamBam Tue 10-May-05 10:12:56

Mushroom sauce: fry up some chopped mushrooms and onions, add flour and stir in until cooked off, add vegetable stock and milk and simmer for 10 minutes.

Blu Tue 10-May-05 10:17:43

Finely chopped fried onion, add frozen chopped spinach, when cooked season and add some stock, then finish off with big spoon of cream or fromage frais or thick yogurt.

With ratatouille?

WigWamBam Tue 10-May-05 10:19:09

Calabrian Spaghetti:

12 oz broccoli
Oil
Clove garlic, crushed or sliced thinly
4 tablespoons pine kernels
4 tablespoons raisins
Big can chopped tomatoes

Cut the broccoli into small pieces, peel any tough skin from the stem and slice stem.

Heat oil in pan, add garlic and fry until golden. Add the pine kernels, raisins and tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer 10 minutes.

At the same time cook the broccoli for 5 minutes, drain. Add the broccoli to the sauce and stir through.

GRMUM Tue 10-May-05 11:07:23

Chop 2 onions and 1 clove of garlic and fry.
Add tin tomatoes,2 tablespoons tom. puree, chopped fresh parsley, oregano and 2 bay leaves.S&P
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve
Eat
Enjoy!

WideWebWitch Tue 10-May-05 11:12:10

Veggie bolognase, from Carol Timperey's veggie baby book. I always make it with kidney beans not lentils though.

Beefless bolognase:

"I've yet to come across a child who isn't enthusiastic about this tasty sauce, whether it is served with pasta, or in shepherd's pie or as a filling for baked potatoes. The quantity is rather generous because it makes an excellent freezer standby. Makes 8 adult portions

60 ml/4 tablespoons olive oil
175 g/6 oz button mushrooms, quartered
1 large onion, chopped
30 ml/2 tablespoons tomato puree
2 cloves garlic, crushed
150 ml/5 fl oz red wine
1 tablespoon chopped basil
15 ml/1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
scant teaspoon dried oregano
salt and black pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
225 g/8 oz can chopped tomatoes
1 carrot, peeled and diced
2 x 400 g/l4 oz cans brown lentils, drained
1 stick celery, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped

Heat the oil, add the onion, garlic, basil, oregano and bay leaf and fry until the onions are transparent. Add the carrot, celery and red pepper, cook for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms. When the mushrooms begin to wilt, stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for approximately 40 minutes. Allow to cool. Transfer to a food processor and blend coarsely (if you prefer a chunkier texture blend only half the mixture). Before serving, reheat and check seasoning."

swiperfox Tue 10-May-05 11:12:44

Have you tried using brown spaghetti? We tried it once and we're addicted!!!!

Earlybird Tue 10-May-05 11:21:24

www - one query about the recipe...is it red wine or red wine vinegar?

milge Tue 10-May-05 14:07:29

Make basic tomato sauce, add onions, chopped up bacon, oregano and as much or little chili powder as you like. Add some red wine, and let it simmer for about 20 mins. Add some sugar to take edge off chili if you add too much.

Also, mushroom pasta - saute mushrooms, onions, leeks in butter until soft and brown, whizz in a food processor, add milk/stock, let it simmer for 20 mins.

FLUM Tue 10-May-05 14:09:48

tomatoes - boil and reduce down. fried mince and onion. lots of herbs and garlic. 3 or 4 pieces of plain chocolate. simmer for 1 hour. eat the next day

yummy

WideWebWitch Tue 10-May-05 17:50:12

Earlyburdm it's neither, it's red wine, you know, booze! It gets burnt off in cooking leaving no alcohol, just the taste so is fine for children and now dd's just bitten me so I think wants some attention!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now