Talk

Advanced search

More protein needed...

(7 Posts)
georgiemum Mon 08-Jun-09 12:49:25

I have been told that I need to eat more protein (since my diet is mainly biscuits, tea and liquorish)

Red lentils aparently don't have much (boo hiss, since I love a nice dahl and the brown ones just don't have the right texture).

Quorn is in (yipee - I love the chicken slices) and so is tempeh. I have never used this (only squinted at it quizically in the health food shop). So now I have my tehpeh and have no cluse what to do with it. What tastes good?

I am a skinny minny so fat is ok, so I have no problem frying it.

Any other ideas?

And aparently seaweed is the new superfood. Bleurch.

Yurtgirl Mon 08-Jun-09 12:52:16

I have this problem too so I will listen with interest!
Persumably you are veggie georgie - I am too

ShannaraTiger Mon 08-Jun-09 12:53:43

Beans and nuts.

georgiemum Mon 08-Jun-09 12:54:22

Yes, I am veggie (should have mentioned that). _No fish_ (don't start me on that one)

ShannaraTiger Mon 08-Jun-09 12:54:30

Sorry that was abit short but they are my favourite and cheap source of protein.

mollyroger Mon 08-Jun-09 13:00:09

are you vegetarian? I'm guessing so, given your quorn comment.

do you eat fish, shellfish ?
Peanut butter!
Pulses, nuts and seeds (sunflower and pumpkin seedsn are v yummy)
Soya products and vegetable protein foods (like Quorn)
egg white
Tofu
Porridge oats

OhBling Mon 08-Jun-09 13:12:26

here

Eggs are high protein (do you eat eggs?).

Beans are also good - there are a million ways to increase your beans intake and still taste good. Cook them and create mashes - mixed wth other vegetables and/or garlic and/or butter. Add to soups and casseroles (butternut soup with butter beans is declicious for example). Beans on toast...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now