Talk

Advanced search

HELP! raw chicken food hygiene question

(4 Posts)
flower175 Sun 07-Jun-09 18:19:29

Hi - just had people round for BBQ. Made lemon chicken for BBQ, had left raw chicken marinading in fridge in the morning. DP cooked chicken on BBQ, I put on to a plate to serve and then (without thinking - sooo stupid) picked up a few of the lemons which had been in the marinade with the raw chicken and garnished the plate! Wasn't thinking.

Now really worried I might have given guests food poisoning as lemons will have touched raw chicken (although hopefully they stayed on edge of plate). Am I being totally paranoid? If we're not ill tomorrow morning have I got away with it?

TheProfiteroleThief Sun 07-Jun-09 18:26:03

I think would probably be ill within 4 or so hours if going to be - so they will be able to trace it back to you grin

Overmydeadbody Sun 07-Jun-09 18:34:06

Well, nothing you can do about it now.

Fingers crossed the raw chicken didn't have bacteria like salmonella (the chances are low)

Overmydeadbody Sun 07-Jun-09 18:35:21

Raw chicken doesn't give people food poisoning, it's the harmful bacteria that could potentially be on the raw chicken.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now