Talk

Advanced search

If you accommodate one picky DC...

(6 Posts)
BeehiveBaby Sun 07-Jun-09 11:41:36

...how does that work then? DSD is going to be staying a lot this summer and is very fussy. The main meal can be worked around as she'll eat meat and two of some veg or ceratin noodles or wraps or certain pizza or ceratin spagetti. It is the precise bread / cereal / peanut butter stuff that I don't ant rubbing off on DDs you are very flexible and TBH are only exposed to the good stuff. Do you serve up different food to your DCs?

timmette Sun 07-Jun-09 16:40:35

No I wouldn't there are only two exceptions - food allergies or intolerance and food they really don't like.
When ds's cousins come to play they eat what we eat and that's it - I probably sound horrible - but I once had a 3 year old tell me that my apple juice was wrong because it was pressed and cloudy and that they wanted a specific brand hmm .

BeehiveBaby Sun 07-Jun-09 17:03:26

Oooh, that's another one....the right juice. We also have the precise pasta, pasta sauce, frozen yorkshire puddings, yoghurt....and she is 13 shock

Just re read OP and my spelling was shocking, sorry!

timmette Sun 07-Jun-09 17:07:22

Oh dear god - my idea of hell. But you are being so helpful already prepared to deal with the dinners - but how seriously would she know pasta sauce etc - just buy what you normally buy - your house your rules.

StirlingTheStrong Sun 07-Jun-09 18:06:00

I would serve up what we normally have. You can't have different rules for one.

She wont starve smile

BeehiveBaby Sun 07-Jun-09 19:27:18

Oh well, bring on the sulks wink. ATM (short visits) if she wants to eat rubbish, she takes it to her room which is probably worse blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now