Talk

Advanced search

I just made soft brezels for the first time...

(10 Posts)
PacificDogwood Sat 06-Jun-09 21:30:26

and they are absolutely brilliant!! I am very very proud <<preening>> as I never even suspected that I was a Domestic Goddess grin!

Anybody else who'd like to try:
here is the recipe

Mine were delicious albeit NOT perfectly shaped wink.

bruxeur Sat 06-Jun-09 21:31:13

Were they shaped like tits?

cornsilk Sat 06-Jun-09 21:32:25

Do you have tits like pretzels bruxeur?

PacificDogwood Sat 06-Jun-09 21:33:20

LOL

No, fat and stumpy.

Come to think of it, yes, like my tits maybe grin

bruxeur Sat 06-Jun-09 21:38:16

I thought that Brezels were breast-shaped Pretzels.

StirlingTheStrong Sat 06-Jun-09 23:51:31

I did wonder what brezels were!

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 07-Jun-09 00:00:35

they look om nom nom

PacificDogwood Sun 07-Jun-09 15:04:02

I thought after 16+ years in Britain I had pretty much gone native - but apparently not my spelling blush.
So: Brezel, or possibly Bretzel, is German spelling; Pretzel clearly anglesised spelling.
Ah well, nevermind, they were v tasty and are now all gone so may have to make more today grin!

mammya Mon 08-Jun-09 10:26:38

Pacific, I made these yesterday after seeing your post, it was a great success with adults and children alike. A bit of a faff to make what with the boiling but well worth it. My German friend thought they were better than the German baker's! grin

PacificDogwood Mon 08-Jun-09 21:08:25

grin[smug]

I found forming the actual Pretzel shape the hardest - and the Bicarb of Soda "soup" positively vile! As I did not think I would embark on the whole thing again soon, I make a batch of rolls yesterday - MUCH less faffing and declared just as yummy by DSs. Not that they are a particularly discerning crowd as they would eat virtually anything that does not run away fast enough wink.

Anyway, glad you liked it, too, mammya.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now