Talk

Advanced search

moist fluffy cakes

(8 Posts)
annetizzismum Sat 06-Jun-09 11:54:43

How do you make them?

My cakes are a bit dry and I am getting a kitchen refit, is one type of oven better for baking than another?

ManicMother7777 Sat 06-Jun-09 21:42:09

Throw all the ingredients in together and then whisk like crazy for ages!

I have a fan oven and it's great.

4 oz butter, sugar & SR flour
2 eggs

or to be a bit healthier - 3 eggs and chuck in some oats, & use wholewheat SR flour & molasses (still sugar but full of iron!)

add cocoa/sultanas/or vanilla essence depending on what sort of cake you want.

8 inch round tin

about 23 mins at 150...

YUM!

annetizzismum Sun 07-Jun-09 12:30:09

whisk better than spoon then! i use spoon

MadameCastafiore Sun 07-Jun-09 12:33:11

Electric hand whisk is the best.

I would get an cooker with 2 oven and a seperate gril and make sure is a fan oven.

gigglewitch Sun 07-Jun-09 12:35:31

yes to the advice about the whisk and stuff and the oven - but what you need is to put an extra egg in wink

plumblossom Mon 08-Jun-09 16:23:49

Believe it or not use stork margarine or sunflower oil instead of butter and all your cakes will be soft and fluffy. Make sure your eggs are at room temperature too.

crokky Mon 08-Jun-09 16:26:02

I heard as well that if you fold a small amount of boiling hot water in just before you cook the cake it helps! have not tried it yet

Lilymaid Mon 08-Jun-09 16:32:52

If you make an all in one cake, use either softened butter or Stork (in a tub, not packet) or Flora Buttery - most of the other spreads do not have enough fat content.
I weigh my eggs then add equal amounts of sugar, SR flour + 1tsp baking powder, fat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now