Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DIZZYDIXIES!!!!!

(19 Posts)
PlumBumMum Sat 06-Jun-09 11:24:01

Probably could have put this in chat, but anyway

Just wanted to say THANKYOU, I've made the white chocolate cheesecake a few times and in doing so I entered a philidelphia cheese competition,

I won a cookbook, just thought I'd say thanks as I wouldn't have won it if I hadn't have been making your yummy recipes.

And tell you to check out these brownies they are yum!

PlumBumMum Sat 06-Jun-09 11:41:42

bump

PlumBumMum Sat 06-Jun-09 14:45:47

bump

PlumBumMum Sat 06-Jun-09 15:47:21

bump

dizzydixies Sat 06-Jun-09 17:44:55

grin thats brilliant well done!! tis my most requested recipe and a firm fav of all who try it

was it the Philidelphia cookbook? I bought it myself in ASDA for £3 yesterday, had a chance to flick through it this morning and some of the stuff looks yummy!!

and thank you for that, you've made my day smile

dizzydixies Sat 06-Jun-09 17:48:54

lol, those were the brownies I was eyeing up earlier, def on the must try

PlumBumMum Sat 06-Jun-09 18:11:35

Yeap it was the Philidelphia cookbook,stuff does look scrummy

The brownies are really yummy between those and the cheesecake, and the mudcake, guess who always gets asked to make desert!grin

dizzydixies Sat 06-Jun-09 18:35:27

I'm having a tasting night on Mon & its also the school fete which I have to bake for on Wed so I'll let you know how I get on!

can I ask have you tried the hummingbird cupcakes I put on? I think they're fab (although looking at the recipe they shouldn't work iykwim) and I handed my first lot in to a cafe for them to sell a few weeks ago - apparently they went down very well smile

PlumBumMum Sat 06-Jun-09 20:33:34

Will give them a wee look, and let you know

dizzydixies Sat 06-Jun-09 21:46:54

here you are, hope you like them

dizzydixies Mon 08-Jun-09 15:57:50

cheesecake brownies are Yum!! have made a batch for a group of friends who are coming round tonight smile

thank you

PlumBumMum Mon 08-Jun-09 17:01:59

Well I got the ingredients in for the hummingbirds, haven't made them yet will let you know smile

dizzydixies Mon 08-Jun-09 17:10:35

there certainly favourites here and amongst my friends so I hope you enjoy them too

PlumBumMum Sun 14-Jun-09 20:13:05

Finally got them made today, somebody kept eating the bananas
LOVED THEM (abit too much) if I make anymore of your recipes I will have to send you a bill for a personal trainor or a tummy tuck grin

dizzydixies Sun 14-Jun-09 21:42:24

grin am glad you liked them, they haven't failed me yet

I made apple muffins,banana and pecan loaf, marmalade breakfast muffins and vanilla cake today - DH is away to work with the apple muffins and the rest I'll hand into the cafe

the vanilla cake is divine if you want the recipe?

stealthsquiggle Sun 14-Jun-09 21:44:37

dizzy are you making any money out of this cafe lark, or just covering your costs [nosy]?

dizzydixies Sun 14-Jun-09 21:47:39

stealth the one I am doing at the moment is a voluntary church run cafe where I can hand in stuff and they reimburse the cost of ingredients/electricity etc

BUT I am currently setting up a local community cafe for my own town and this is all good practice for that when I will HAVE to have good stuff to sell on smile

are you considering something?

stealthsquiggle Sun 14-Jun-09 21:51:57

Not for the moment - no time - but always considering.

I have volunteered a cake as a silent auction prize in a few weeks (as in, the promise of a made-to-order cake) <<chews nails in nervousness in case no-one bids>> and will be making cupcakes en masse for school fete and nursery fundraiser. DH and I cleared out the freezer today grin

dizzydixies Sun 14-Jun-09 21:57:31

grin was our school fete last week so was doing the same

I was ridicliously nervous when I handed in my first lot of baking to the cafe (was hummingbird cake as well!) but delighted when a friend phoned me and told me she'd inadvertantly bought one without knowing it was mine and thought they were delicious smile

the next batch I was there volunteering and am sure the poor woman who bought a muffin thought I was some sort of weirdo food perv as I kept staring at her to see if she would spit it out/gag/demand her money back blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now