Talk

Advanced search

Italian and chicken breasts. Recipes needed please??

(9 Posts)
Kayzr Sat 06-Jun-09 11:06:36

I am doing an Italian meal for DH as we have had a few rows recently and we have agreed to try and be more romantic etc.

So I am doing him a surprise meal. I have a starter and pudding already in mind. I don't want to do the usual of spag bol, lasange or carbonara. I'd like something using chicken as we both like chicken.

Thanks.

paranoidmother Sat 06-Jun-09 12:29:06

pasta with pesto and pine nuts swirled through it, roast the chicken breasts with some sun-dried tomatoes in the middle with a little oil, then perhaps with some roasted peppers/onions?

StirlingTheStrong Sat 06-Jun-09 12:33:18

If you want to add a kick to the chicken. Slice a pocket in the chicken breast, chop up some mozzarella and roll in mixture of salt, pepper and chilli flakes, then push into pocket in chicken then close up hole and wrap chicken in palma ham.

Roast for 25/30 mins and serve as Paranoidmother says above smile

Kayzr Sat 06-Jun-09 12:38:19

They both sound really nice.

Kayzr Mon 08-Jun-09 08:55:18

StirlingtheStrong What temperature would you put the oven on?

Bucharest Mon 08-Jun-09 08:57:49

Chicken philadelphia (recipe from my Italian friend)

Chicken breasts, whole, cut a pocket and spoon a big dollop of pesto inside and as much philly cheese (or other creamy cheese) as you can squash into the pocket, wrap the breast in pancetta slices and put into a foil bag jobby.....Bake in oven for as long as necessary....

Might do them tonight ack-sherly.

bellavita Mon 08-Jun-09 09:02:20

Chicken parmigana - will have to post recipe a bit later on as I am going out.

Do you both like steak? because steak milanese style is really quick and easy.

Rump steak, flatten out with something heavy like a rolling pin (cover steak first though in cling film). Put some breadcrumbs on a plate, beat a couple of eggs into a dish, and add some crushed garlic. Dip the steak into the egg then into the breadcrumbs. Quickly fry off.

I would serve this with a nice green salad and some green beans in garlic.

Simmer your beans until al dente, drain, meanwhile make a small amount of dressing with 3 parts extra virgin oil to one part vinegar, add salt and pepper. Take a clove of garlic and cut up into tiny pieces, add to the dressing. Pour over the beans and mix until all coated. Serve at room temperature with the steak.

Molesworth Mon 08-Jun-09 18:00:56

Along similar lines to one or two ideas already mentioned, Nigel Slater does a lovely chicken with pesto and mozzarella recipe

bellavita Mon 08-Jun-09 18:58:54

Here you go -

1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove crushed
1 x 400g can chopped toms
1 tbsp tomato puree
packet basil leaves, chopped
2oz finely grated parmesan cheese
1oz seasoned plain flour
1 egg beaten
1oz buter
4 chicken breasts
5oz mozzarella cheese sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh basil leaves to garnish

parsley butter tagliatelle
12oz egg tagliatelle pasta
1oz butter
1 small clove garlic, crushed
packet parsley, chopped

pre-heat the oven to 200/400/gas 5. Put the olive oil and garlic into a pan and, as soon as it starts to sizzle, add the tomatoes and tomato puree. Simmer for about 10 mins until thickened. Stir in the basil and some seasonging to taste. Set to one side.

Mix half the grated parmesan cheese into the seasoned flour and tip into a shallow dish. Tip the egg into another shallow dish.

Melt the butter in a medium sized frying pan. Dip the chicken breasts into the beaten egg, then the flour and cheese mixture add them tothe pan and cook on a medium heat for about 3 mins each side until lightly golden. Transfer them to a small shallow ovenproof dish and pour over the tomato sauce.

Lay two slices of mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast, sprinkle over the rest of the parmesan, cover the dish loosely with foil and bake for 15 mins or until the cheese is lightly browned.

Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the tagliatelle and cook according to the packet. Mix the butter with the garlic, chopped parsley and some seasoning to taste. Drain the pasta, return to the pan with the parsley butter and toss together well. Remove the chicken from the oven and serve with the tagliatelle, garnished with fresh basil leaves.

This recipe is dead easy to do smile and can be prepared in advance and cooked just before serving.

p.s. parmigiano reggiano is the best parmesan to use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now