Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

beef sausages - what can i do with them for dinner?

(14 Posts)
ja9 Mon 09-May-05 16:08:15

?

lunavix Mon 09-May-05 16:10:38

Red wine sauce with button mushrooms, and rice.

handlemecarefully Mon 09-May-05 16:10:39

sausage and pea rissotto - bit of chopped onion fried, plus clove of garlic fried, bung in risotto rice and chicken stock then cook for about 15 minutes adding in the cooked sausages (pre-cook them) and some frozen peas towards the end. Add some parsley too

Simple but surprisingly tastey

WigWamBam Mon 09-May-05 16:12:09

This is dh's favourite sausage recipe:

Sausages in a nest of cabbage

Shred half a cabbage (Savoy if possible), stir-fry it for five minutes with a chopped clove of garlic and a teaspoon of dried rosemary. Remove the cabbage from the pan and add the sausages, brown them on all sides. Stir in 3/4 pint of beef stock, put a lid on the pan (or use a baking sheet) and simmer for about 20 minutes. You can add a glug of red wine too if you like - just reduce the amount of stock. Check the pan occasionally - add more water/stock if it dries out.

Serve with rice.

lima Mon 09-May-05 16:12:30

cook in the oven with a ray of mixed veg e.g. potato wedges, onion quarters, big pieces of chopped pepper, garlic, aubergine, tomato root, veg - whatever you have

OR

bangers and mash

OR

sausage casserole

sweetmonkey Mon 09-May-05 16:12:42

sausage casserole, bangers and mash, sausage pasta bake

mmmm im so hungry now

sweetmonkey Mon 09-May-05 16:13:18

damn you lima, beat me to it with my suggestions!!!

Hulababy Mon 09-May-05 16:15:26

Sausage and mash, some roasted veggies and all served in a huge yorkshire pudding with lots of caramelised onion gravy.

lima Mon 09-May-05 16:17:48

sweetmonkey - I didn't suggest the pasta bake though - I've never made that

sweetmonkey Mon 09-May-05 16:21:51

ah ok i feel better now then.LOL
thanks

ja9 Mon 09-May-05 16:24:49

mmmmm decisions. i always do bangers and mash so am drawn to the other things. love WWBs re3cipe but have no cabbage - will do that another day tho'. Hula, love yorkshires but dont have any and simply cant make...

So, that leaves me with...

gingerbear Mon 09-May-05 16:25:52

Sausage plait? Usually done with sausage meat stuffing, but could be adapted:

mustard or tomato puree
mixed herbs
egg
packet of flaky pastry

cut rectangle of pastry big enough to wrap sausage
spread with either tom puree or mustard
sprinkle with herbs
place sausage in centre
make several diagonal cuts in pastry each side of sausage
glaze pastry with egg
'plait' the pastry to wrap the sausage and finish with egg glaze.

bake in oven for 15 to 20 mins on 180 deg C

merrygoround Mon 09-May-05 16:37:03

Not sure if you need recipe for children or adults or both - this may be more of an adult recipe. Fry sausages till brown, remove, fry onions, maybe garlic, maybe mushrooms as well, put sausages back, throw in puy lentils (I think green ones are just as good),loads of wine (well, enough to cook the lentils in - see the lentil packet for instructions) and herbs (sage is meant to be good with sausages), a bay leaf etc etc, put lid on and cook slowly for as long as it takes for the lentils to cook.

almost40 Mon 09-May-05 16:51:00

Strata!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now