Talk

Advanced search

Chicken tortillas - anyone have a recipe for the chicken?

(7 Posts)
maggiethecat Fri 05-Jun-09 17:24:15

Have the wraps, guacamole, sour cream - just need a chicken recipe for the filling for this evening. Anyone?

mrsmaidamess Fri 05-Jun-09 17:27:42

I'm afriad I cheat and use those packets of spiced dust.

StirlingTheStrong Fri 05-Jun-09 17:32:26

Do you mean Fajitas?

Chop chicken into strips. Fry in pan with oil. Sprinkle over some fajitas seasoning (or just paprika and mild chilli powder).

Once cooked, remove and keep warm.

Then, just slice some red and orange peppers, some red onion and put into frying pan and fry with some olive oil and then sprinkle some fajitas seasoning (or just paprika & mild chilli powder).

Throw chicken back in and warm all through and put into large dish and take to table smile

BonsoirAnna Fri 05-Jun-09 17:33:50

Just shred roast chicken. Have you got salsa? Shredded iceberg? Both indispensable IMO!

maggiethecat Sat 06-Jun-09 08:23:15

yes, fajitas. did them yesterday and they were nice - thank you

scienceteacher Sat 06-Jun-09 08:26:37

I usually cut the chicken into small strips and dust with fajita seasoning. Then I fry them.

Scootergrrrl Sun 07-Jun-09 08:46:05

That fajita seasoning - the one in the yellow packet - is only a mix of ground cumin, paprika, chilli powder, garlic powder salt and sugar. If you have the ingredients, it's so much cheaper and easier to be able to make it yourself and you can alter the mix to suit your own taste.
Obviously I'm far too late for Friday's dinner but it might come in handy for next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now