Talk

Advanced search

How do I freeze uncooked meatballs so they don't stick together? [thick emoticon]

(8 Posts)
PrettyUselessHousewife Thu 04-Jun-09 22:08:33

I'm trying to do the frugal batch cooking thing so I've made twice as many meatballs as I need. But how do I package them to go in the freezer without sticking together? I have lots of qualifications but I can't make my brain figure this one out blush

CMOTdibbler Thu 04-Jun-09 22:13:41

put them on a baking tray spaced out, rearrange freezer so you can put it in flat, leave to freeze, then put in plastic bags in appropriate numbers

MadamAnt Thu 04-Jun-09 22:13:46

Separate them out on a sheet of baking paper and stick them in the freezer. Once frozen they can be transferred to a freezer bag.

MadamAnt Thu 04-Jun-09 22:14:20

oops too slow grin

giddykipper Thu 04-Jun-09 22:14:59

In an egg box? Or a muffin tray. Then when they're frozen transfer them to a bag.

PrettyUselessHousewife Thu 04-Jun-09 22:15:36

Thanks! So simple. Can I blame sleep deprivation for my inability to think of that for myself?!

Overmydeadbody Thu 04-Jun-09 22:15:50

Freeze them on trays, as the others say, and once frozen bung them together in ziplock bag. If they are a bit stuck together when you need them just give the bag a good wack on the kitchen counter to loosen them.

naomi83 Fri 05-Jun-09 08:51:44

why not save even more time and cook both batches at once, and then freeze half?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now