Talk

Advanced search

Magic Meatballs

(8 Posts)
fooddude Wed 03-Jun-09 14:50:48

Hi
My son has got it into his head that he wants to cook meatballs at the weekend when we're together. Does anyone know of any good and easy recipes that will let him get his hands mucky but aren't too complicated cheers! B

StirlingTheStrong Wed 03-Jun-09 16:14:18

I have used a couple of different meatball recipes but the best one IMO is [[ http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/meatballs-with-spaghetti-and-fresh-tomato-sauce,1116,RC.html this Delia one]].

I like it because you throw it all in a food processor but your DS can get stuck in rolling the balls.

This recipe makes quite a lot but I freeze them and then get out what I need each time and the DC love them smile

StirlingTheStrong Wed 03-Jun-09 16:15:00

Try again!!

Delia Meatballs

ChopsTheDuck Wed 03-Jun-09 16:20:17

my dd made meathballs yesterday. We jsut chucked in some mince, parsley, garlic, finely chopped onion, worcester sauce, pinch paprika, seasoning and an egg to bind and let her mash it up with her hands and form balls. We then brown the meatballs, before pouring over a pint of passata and a pint of chicken stock and leave it to simmer til the sauce has thickened.

I think a hands on method is mroe fun for children than a food processor.

StirlingTheStrong Wed 03-Jun-09 17:43:53

I am sure the Delia recipe works well without the food processor - I like it because the flavour is lovely with the parmesan and sage in them smile

fooddude Thu 04-Jun-09 16:10:39

Cool
I think meatballs is really about a few core ingredients + experimentation. And getting your hands dirty
Thanks for the help

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 04-Jun-09 16:12:56

We've just done them!

we do oatmeal/mince and ketchup! smile

fooddude Wed 10-Jun-09 12:53:21

Heya
After seeing what ingredients we could get our hands on, e had a go at using half ground beef/half ground pork, using 1 egg to bind
Seasoned well, and used some rosemary and cumin
My son shaped the meatballs (even tried a bit of mozzarella in the middle) - very messy, but lots of fun
I did the sauce - a basic tomato and basil one - and we both did the eating
Lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now