Talk

Advanced search

Dinner for 6 - not much time for preparation

(5 Posts)
snickersnack Tue 02-Jun-09 21:38:52

Have 6 people for dinner on Saturday. Was going to do a bbq but think the weather might not be up to it. So need alternative suggestions. I'm out all day (poor planning) so not much time to prepare, meaning it either needs to be done the night before, or in the evening.

No strange food aversions that I know about. I was thinking some kind of glamorous salad to start with, then maybe something with fish for the main course.

I'm normally quite good at this kind of thing, but inspiration has failed me on this occasion...

bigchris Tue 02-Jun-09 21:40:41

have you got 3 hours?
roast a chicken?

SazzlesA Tue 02-Jun-09 21:44:54

Message withdrawn

snickersnack Tue 02-Jun-09 21:50:05

That does look lovely, Sazzles. That could make a fantastic starter, and I could do it the night before.

I have no problems with buying a pudding - deli down the road does excellent lemon tart - plus cheeses so I'm getting there.

Some kind of chicken dish could work. Not sure about roast chicken - it's a friend's birthday, so want it to be special. I roasted a chicken when she came for lunch last weekend.

SazzlesA Tue 02-Jun-09 21:56:34

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now