Talk

Advanced search

Out of what I have eaten today, which is the most likely culprit for making me bloat up like i am 6mths pregnant ??

(11 Posts)
NervousNutty Tue 02-Jun-09 17:40:38

Breakfast was apple and sultana oatabix bites.

I had a banana at around 10:45, and then had a tuna sandwich on WW wholemeal bread.

Have since had a Breakaway bar.

I am thinking it might be the oatibix as i've not had themn before. Shame because I liked them too.

ReneRusso Tue 02-Jun-09 20:15:29

bread more likely to make you feel bloated than oats IMO. especially if you ate it quite quickly or without chewing well. oats make you feel nice and full but are fairly digestible

Pollyanna Tue 02-Jun-09 20:17:35

I can't eat bananas as I swell/get tummy ache. (but also wheat for me too I think).

NervousNutty Tue 02-Jun-09 22:05:49

Hmm I eat bread alot though tbh, so i'd be surprised if it were that.

Perhaps it was the banana then. Going to have the cereal again in the morning, so might find out.

SlartyBartFast Tue 02-Jun-09 22:06:38

all of them, except the breakaway

giantkatestacks Tue 02-Jun-09 22:08:37

yep agree with slarty - am on a really low fibre diet and am not allowed oatibix, wholemeal bread or bananas because they would cause severe bloating and pain...its more the sheer amount of fibre there - add it up and have a look at how many grams it is...

NervousNutty Wed 03-Jun-09 12:13:01

Oh crikey really, thats not good then.

I am trying to lose a bit of weight and eat more healthily so I thought those things would be ok. I am a carb addict and am trying to cut out as much bread as possible, hence the cereal for breakfast.

Had the cereal again today and have just had a bowl of Oxtail soup with a small bread roll.

Oh should have mentioned that I have IBS too and so have to limit the amount of veg and other things I have already.

Pollyanna Wed 03-Jun-09 12:52:29

actually I think all of them cause me problems too (IBS), but hadn't thought about oats before, as I like porridge for breakfast - can't have eggs every day!

giantkatestacks Wed 03-Jun-09 13:17:27

The only cereal I'm allowed for breakfast is rice crispies...tsk

Pollyanna Wed 03-Jun-09 13:19:31

do you have IBS Giantkatestacks? How did you go about isolating which foods cause you problems? I could really do with some help doing this (have had a particularly bad week this week so far, and am wondering whether sugar is also a problem).

giantkatestacks Wed 03-Jun-09 14:55:29

no I have got adhesions in my stomach and bowels from surgery so cant eat anything that makes my bowels swell up - so have a diet from a dietician which is really low in fibre - well I say a diet its really just a list of things I'm not allowed at all and things I can only have once a day in a small portion.

As long as I stick to the diet then I'm fine - I also cant overeat.

Sugar is fine though interestingly - as are cakes and biscuits (as long as they are not wholewheat) which is great as otherwise I would really struggle for calories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now