Talk

Advanced search

What can I do that's not too heavy with braising steak?

(5 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Tue 02-Jun-09 16:29:05

Just pulled out braising steak for tomorrow but don't know what to do with it blush Has to be for a toddler and a 9m olds dinner mainly, which is good as I don't fancy doing anything too much with it anyway... all I can think of is (another) casserole though - anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Overmydeadbody Tue 02-Jun-09 20:11:19

slice it really really really thinly and stir fry it with carrots and caugettes and garlic and ginger. Once it's cooked, mix a tspn cornflour with two tablespoons soy sauce and add this to a cup of water. Add the whole lot to the beaf and veg mixture and cook over low heat until it thickens and doesn't taste floury, about five minutes. Add the juice of half an orange too for some zinginess.

LadyOfWaffle Tue 02-Jun-09 20:16:35

Thanks!

Thunderduck Tue 02-Jun-09 20:21:18

If you want to make it really tender then once you've sliced it, mix up cornflour and water in a bowl until it looks like water. Then put the meat in the mixture and leave it, in the fridge, for up to 4 hours.

Then drain the mixture, but don't rinse the meat, brown the meat until it's just coloured, remove from pan, set aside, fry veg for a bit, then cook the meat through. It really does make a difference. And the longer it's left in the mixture the better, but I wouldn't suggest leaving it in there for over 4 hours.

Thunderduck Tue 02-Jun-09 20:21:58

Until it looks like milk not water.Sorry mixture is correct when it looks like milk. Fingers moving faster than my brain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now