Talk

Advanced search

I've got a red snapper...

(10 Posts)
HuffwardlyRudge Tue 02-Jun-09 10:48:06

<snort>

<grows up a bit>

Right. I thought we ought to eat fish, so I went to the fishmongers and bought a Red Snapper. They asked if I wanted it 'somethinged', and I said yes and waited while they 'somethinged' it.

I think they cleaned it. And maybe took the scales off? I can't decide. And it's STARING AT ME. It's got EYES.

Oh dear. I'm in over my head.

What do I do with it??

All suggestions (and juvenile double entendres) welcome.

TrinityRhino Tue 02-Jun-09 10:50:37

wrap it in foil and bake it?
no idea really
you are very brave

HuffwardlyRudge Tue 02-Jun-09 11:03:51

I think lemon should probably be involved.

BCNS Tue 02-Jun-09 11:07:11

here

apart from that.. I'd garlic butter and rosemary it, wrap it in foil and bake it.

and then I'd throw a salad by the side.. but.. I tend to do this with everything that I don't know what to do with LOL

HuffwardlyRudge Tue 02-Jun-09 11:15:03

I've wrapped it in foil with some lemon slices and will bake for 30 mins or so.

Now all I need is one of those "what's for dinner?" threads so I can saunter casually in and say "Oh, whole baked red snapper with brown rice, pak choi and asparagus", like that's what we eat every Tuesday evening grin.

Marthasmama Tue 02-Jun-09 11:20:15

Just wanted to pop in and say yum! Red Snapper is delicious! Enjoy!

HuffwardlyRudge Tue 02-Jun-09 11:24:32

Oh good. I don't know if I'll try it. I've been a very strict veggie for over 20 years. I just wish I ate fish... I can't seem to make it okay in my head though. I'm trying not to think about it because if I think about it too much I definitely won't try it. I'm doing it for dh and the kids and if I try a teeny bit and the world doesn't end then that's a big step forward.

jeminthecity Tue 02-Jun-09 11:28:12

OOps I thought from the OP I that it was another sunburn thread....was wondering which part of your body you called your 'snapper'
<backs away>

SomeGuy Tue 02-Jun-09 11:35:10

wrap it in foil and bbq it.

Here's a nice recipe.

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Pepes_Ikan

dd calls it Red Slapper grin

I dream of eating something other than snapper, perhaps a lovely bit of salmon or a nice flaky piece of cod.......

Another time you can make a lovely Thai-inspired sauce, throw together some fish sauce, lime juice and sugar, pop it in a pan until the sugar has dissolved, gently fry some fresh chillies and some ginger, mix it all together and pop it over the fish, add some coriander leaves - yum!

Actually I have some fillet in the fridge, I think that may be what dh will have for supper tonight now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now