Talk

Advanced search

need recipe for veggie pasta bake

(4 Posts)
Clure Sun 31-May-09 21:07:56

needs to be fairly quick to prepare, nutritious. Never done a pasta bake before, I'm vegan but DH and DD vegetarian so it will be for them!! thanks

beesonmummyshead Sun 31-May-09 21:12:41

i did one the other day out of a "30 minute meal" book, which was great! (although it did take more than 30 mins.

chop up veggies to roast (i used onion, pepper, squash and courgette but any veg will do) roast for 20 mins or so, until mostly cooked through.

Take from oven and add 1/2 packet dried pasta to the veggies. Add one jar pasta sauce (you know like the dolmio variety) and 1pt of veggie stock. mix well and bake in oven until pasta cooked and all stock soaked up.

Was delicious, and vegan! although you could grate cheese on top if you wanted (we didn't as I am on a diet)

Twims Sun 31-May-09 21:22:58

Cut up a selection of veg - butternut squash, carrot, courgette, etc, fry up an onion, add the veg and continue to fry for a couple of minutes, stir in a tin of chopped tomatoes, and bring to the boil, simmer, add some kideny beans, leave until the veg is cooked - then I tend to trow in some frozen sweetcorn.

Boil pasta.

When pasta and beg sauce is cooked stir it all together and put into a dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.

cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.

Clure Sun 31-May-09 21:27:11

wow fantastic thanks, both those look good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now