Talk

Advanced search

Fried green bananas....???

(6 Posts)
Juwesm Mon 18-May-09 20:20:33

My 'ripen at home' bananas remain resolutely green, a week after they arrived. I suspect they are going to go from green to black, missing out the yellow bit in between! Before I chuck them out, I don't suppose anyone has a recipe using green bananas? I don't hold out much hope grin

hobbgoblin Mon 18-May-09 20:22:32

Smoothies!

My favourite breakfast tipple.

My best rec. is half a tub of ice cream, ideally clotted cream flavour wink, soem milk, a banana or two and then some Chai Latte powder.

Overmydeadbody Mon 18-May-09 20:23:51

Be patient. They will ripen.

Banana fritters are lovely though.

hobbgoblin Mon 18-May-09 20:26:58

If they go black, I also recommend Amy Wilcox's Banana bread recipe if you can find it online.

Juwesm Mon 18-May-09 20:34:45

Hobgoblin - Stupid me! Hadn't thought of smoothies. I do prefer a smoothie with a slightly green banana, just hadn't thought of it for completely green ones! I did misread at first though and thought you made smoothies with half a tub of cream blush

OMDB - <<Stamps foot>> But I want them now grin! Have already bought and eaten a proper bunch of yellow ones since the greenies arrived! Wondered about fritters, in a fried plaintain stylee (not that I have ever fried plantain).
<<Sighs>> I will be patient for a while longer.

Juwesm Wed 03-Jun-09 20:20:50

My bananas are finally yellow!

It is a manky-looking yellow though, so am going to make banana bread with them! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now