Talk

Advanced search

sainsbury's boneless, skinless fish...what would you do? should i be cheeky...?

(9 Posts)
lilsmum Fri 29-Apr-05 20:38:34

i bought some fresh boneless skinless fish from sainsbury's this afternoon, and decided to cook it for tea (as you do lol) anyway..dp had a piece and i shared my piece with dd (15 mth) in my "end" i found a bone, about 2 inch long, and as sharp as a needle, i am so thankful i didnt give my piece to dd, should i go back to sainsbury's tomorrow and complain? i have kept the bone just in case i do go back...what you lot think?

tia

anchovies Fri 29-Apr-05 20:41:08

Definitely say something. I complained in tesco cos the fishmonger told me to get cod loin as it had no bones but pulled a big bone out of ds's mouth. Got £20 worth of vouchers as goodwill - not bad considering I wasn't going to mention it!

Frizbe Fri 29-Apr-05 20:42:44

Aye go and pick a bone with them sorry had to be said....

lilsmum Fri 29-Apr-05 20:43:07

this wasnt actually off the counter, was pre wrapped in the fresh meat section...does that still count?

lilsmum Fri 29-Apr-05 20:43:28

lol @ frizbe

anchovies Fri 29-Apr-05 20:44:39

What does it say on the packaging? Is there any getout clauses? (ie we cannot guarantee...) If not then definitely complain.

starlover Fri 29-Apr-05 20:45:08

it probably says somewhere on the packet that although great care has been taken to remove all bones, some may still remain.
if so, you have no comeback

lilsmum Fri 29-Apr-05 20:47:08

oh right, would have a look but its at the bottom of the bin, and i AINT putting my hands in there will leave it then, just will check it properly next time.

thanks guys

marthamoo Fri 29-Apr-05 21:11:25

starlover's right - it will definitely say that on the packaging. It's impossible to guarantee a piece of fish will be bone free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now