Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ice cube tray portion sizes

(6 Posts)
harrogatemum Wed 27-Apr-05 16:18:52

DTs have been on solids for just over a month and are now nearly 6 months old. At lunchtime they have one ice cube each of food (veggies) and then a baby yogurt between them. They sometimes dont even finish that. However a friend of mine looked on in horror as though I was starving them and said her baby was eating 5 cubes to himself at the same age....how much did your babies eat at about this age?

MarsLady Wed 27-Apr-05 16:22:38

shouldn't worry, probably starving my own DTs as well. If your babes are happy then fine. Don't worry about what others do. Do what works for you. Remember, you have twins and they are probably smaller than her singleton was at this age and therefore have smaller stomachs. It sounds like the amount that I gave my DTs. hth

collision Wed 27-Apr-05 16:23:48

My ds is 6months and eats huge quantities.

He has a big bowl of cereal and a piece of banana for breakfast.

3 cubes today of carrot and pea followed by 3 cubes apple for lunch.

4 cubes pumpkin and baby rice for tea!

He loves it.

MarsLady Wed 27-Apr-05 16:26:57

the 1/4 pint pots are fab for storing food for the DTs and a decent size too

Just a thought!

tarantula Wed 27-Apr-05 16:33:27

All children are differnet. DD ate very little at 6 mnths. I only started weaning her about then and she wasnt that interested in food. Even nowshe hasnt got a big appetite but then neither dp or I have big appetites either. All kids are diferent and at 6 mnths they should dtill be getting most of their nutrients from milk still anyway. If you are happy and they are happy then all is well.

harrogatemum Wed 27-Apr-05 16:33:44

cool - my mind is now at rest, I shall not be done for wilful starvation of minors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now