Talk

Advanced search

milk and cereal -what age?

(8 Posts)
janx Wed 27-Apr-05 14:19:27

I don't know if I am being a bit dim - but can't seem to find the answer in weaning info - I know cows milk as a drink is not recommended until a year as it doesn't have enough iron, but what age do you start using it with breakfast cereal? At the moment I am expressing milk for my 7 month olds cereal, but it is a faff. What does everyone else do?

compo Wed 27-Apr-05 14:20:38

six months

saadia Wed 27-Apr-05 15:07:45

I've also read that you can give cow's milk in cereal from around 6mths, but I use formula for my ds, who is just gone one yr.

sweetkitty Wed 27-Apr-05 20:33:12

Started at 6 and a half months when DD first had cereal.

zebraX Wed 27-Apr-05 20:40:06

6 months, like others. Cow's milk is said to be ok mixed with other foods, it's using it instead of formula/breastmilk that is a no-no. EBM too precious/difficult to extract to risk wasting it on rejected cereal.

Riebee Thu 28-Apr-05 20:53:25

Janx my ds is 7mths, I'm b/f and I use follow on milk for cereals and cooking.

highlander Fri 29-Apr-05 04:07:56

do you make up the formula for cooking and store it in the fridge for a few days? I'm going to have to think about this soon as DS is allowed dairy from 9 months and I'll be making batches of suaces etc etc

janx Fri 29-Apr-05 13:06:44

Thanks for advice - I tried formula on cereal, but it seemed really thick and hard to mix into the porridge - have used cows milk now - heated up for porridge and dd loved it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now