Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pate for a 11 month old!

(6 Posts)
Distel Tue 26-Apr-05 11:01:49

My mum looked after my 11 month old DS yesterday and told me that she gave him pate sandwiches for lunch. Is this o.k? It is not something that I would give him but he has been fine since and does eat most other meats. TIA.

Mum2girls Tue 26-Apr-05 11:09:41

I'd be a bit wary as I think pate is one of those things you're meant to avoid in pregnancy?
Probably do DS no harm at all, but I don't think I'd make it a regular thing till after 1yr (in line with not giving them honey and so on)

Distel Tue 26-Apr-05 11:13:16

Thankyou, normally he has marmite or egg mayo - don't know what she was thinking! Oh well, it was only once, she did say he liked it though .

Chandra Tue 26-Apr-05 11:19:42

If I remember correctly the risk with pate was a bacteria that may have developed in it that may cause development problems for a foetus. If the pate was in a good conditions (as it's more than likely to be), the child should be fine.

Toothache Tue 26-Apr-05 11:25:16

Also the risk with pate in pregnancy is that it contains liver.... which is high in Vitamin A. This can effect the developing foetus.

californiagirl Tue 26-Apr-05 18:52:44

I wouldn't worry about it at all. As other people have pointed out, the problems for pregnant women don't apply to babies. The main risk is that he will adore it and there will not be any left for the grownups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now