Talk

Advanced search

Food for 7mth old

(2 Posts)
Saacsmum Tue 26-Apr-05 04:56:14

My DS started solids about 5 weeks ago and now has 3 meals of about 1/2 cup quantity each. He has decided he doesnt want to feed (bf) during the day, holding out until I give him solids, he then goes on to power feed at night and in the mornings i:e 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 1am, 3am, 5am 7am!! Have other babies done this, I have tried offering bf before and after solids, not offering solids and just offering bf and so on! Some nights he doesnt ask for the 1am and 3am feeds but always for the cluster at night and the 5am feed, should I increase his solids? I use ricemilk in some of his meals (due to milk and soy allergies) should I increase this, any ideas, also should I introduce finger foods yet or wait, he has no teeth yet.

Chuffed Tue 26-Apr-05 11:30:35

I'm sure dd didn't eat quite that amount in each sitting when she started solids although she was younger. dd now 1 is still on breakfast ie.weetbix & mushed banana with milk then a beaker (or breastfeed when younger) about 30mins after being full on breakfast. This is at about 7.30am. Then at 10am a beaker (again bf when younger). Lunch at noon, milk at about 2.30, high tea at about 4 then dinner at 6 and milk at 7pm.
What we do in the evening is dinner, then bath then milk after bath.
Just keep trying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now