loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pork recipes please

(11 Posts)
Hausfrau Sun 24-Apr-05 17:08:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tinker Sun 24-Apr-05 17:10:20

Pork loin. Chop up and fry. Add tin of stoned prunes. Add cream. Eat. Lovely.

Hausfrau Sun 24-Apr-05 17:12:51

Tinker Sun 24-Apr-05 17:17:38

Can you get pork sausage meat? Chop up and soften onion and garlic. Put in processor with teh meat, add mushrooms adn apples adn whatever seasoning you fancy. Whizz up. Or chop all up and do by hand. Get some puff pastry, put filling in middle and fold over liek big sausage roll. Bake and eat. In fact, tahts' dinner tonight.

WideWebWitch Sun 24-Apr-05 17:44:39

I just cooked a boneless leg of pork for Sunday lunch by roasting it on a bed of rosemary and garlic cloves. Then made a gravy from the juices plus white wine plus veg stock, all v nice.

Ameriscot2005 Sun 24-Apr-05 17:54:59

I have one pork recipe...

Melt butter in a frying pan and add some bashed garlic cloves. Fry the pork medallions on both sides until cooked. Remove to a warm plate. Add double cream and grainy mustard to the pan juices and reduce slightly. Serve the pork with mashed potatoes and something green, and pour over the creamy sauce.

Hausfrau Sun 24-Apr-05 18:52:54

NotQuiteCockney Mon 25-Apr-05 07:14:57

If you get pork in stir-fry-sized bits, or don't mind chopping it up to that size, you can marinate it in cornflour, soya sauce, and sesame oil, then stir-fry it with a lot of veg, particularly greens.

Oh, and ameriscot's recipe, only I do it with smooth mustard.

You can make your own puff pastry, I think. I've not done it, but it is possible. I think it's just flour and saturated fat.

KatieMac Mon 25-Apr-05 07:49:30

Puf pasrty is not too bad to make (but a bit of a faff) look for rough puff in a recipe book it's easier

Gently fry a pork fillet in butter & herbs, roll out pastry cover with pate, fold in to parcel and bake

Mmmmm

Pork chops, foil squares, apples slices on bottem, then pork, then stuffing, fold into parcel
Mmmmm

I'll keep thinking

lucy5 Mon 25-Apr-05 08:13:51

mix together runny honey and wholegrain mustard, spread of pork fillets or chops and bake in the oven. I do extra honey so it turns into a sauce. Its delish!

flamesparrow Mon 25-Apr-05 08:18:50

I just grill, and put apple sauce, and cheese on the top, and then grill a bit longer to melt the cheese.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now