Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

SOS please save his saucepan and his memories of single self!

(8 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Sun 24-Apr-05 11:38:40

le creuset enamelled cast iron saucepan (one of those that can go in the oven). it's actually dh's from B.S. (Before Sophable era)...i've never liked it (too heavy for me to lift, handle gets hot etc). anyway, last night i burnt some red cabbage in the bottom (imagine the stink in the flat)...overnight soaking, still no dice (not exactly lifting off the pan iyswim)..he is muttering darkly about how i've killed the pan...please help me, somehow he will see this as a symbolic killing off of his former self i MUST save this pan...any tips???

Enid Sun 24-Apr-05 11:40:10

oh god, chuck it. Think of the improvement in karma

then go and buy a smaller one on Monday.

LGJ Sun 24-Apr-05 11:41:05

Leave it for the day, with lots of washing up liquid in it and buy those plastic scourers and try scrubbing it tomorrow.

Good luck

Enid Sun 24-Apr-05 11:41:12

but if you must save it, soak with hot water and fairy liquid, bring to boil and simmer for a hour or so. Then if there are marks left they will just add to the character - they can be marks of your love for each other

Heathcliffscathy Sun 24-Apr-05 11:44:33

Heathcliffscathy Sun 24-Apr-05 11:45:37

simmer with the washing up liquid in it???? that sounds like it will work, but need to check that is what you mean.

Enid Sun 24-Apr-05 11:50:18

yes, dont put much in though or it will bubble up alarmingly (have you seen Sleeper with the instant pudding )

milge Sun 24-Apr-05 11:51:07

Try using biological washing powder - put a cup full into the pan full of hot water, put onto simmer on the stove, lowest possible setting. leave for hours, then have a good scrub at it with fresh hot water and a wire scourer. Repeat until stuff comes off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now