Advanced search

Sparkler's Sunday Roast update...

(12 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Sun 24-Apr-05 08:34:48

It's chicken today!!!!!

Twiglett Sun 24-Apr-05 08:37:52

Now I'm sitting here wasting a few minutes whilst children seem to be happy playing on their own (ahh the joy of being almost a year old and being looked after by your 4 year old brother )so I thought I'd pop in

something tells me I've missed a whole story behind the Sparkler-ettes sunday lunch

still Congratulations on the chicken (I guess)

MarsLady Sun 24-Apr-05 08:39:51

And what will accompany your chicken oh sparkly one?

jambo1707 Sun 24-Apr-05 09:00:27

we will have beef bourginon today with rice and veg for a wee change- aint had this before.

made the hugest sunday roast last week for our visitors want an easy one today

LGJ Sun 24-Apr-05 09:02:59

Oh God, hope Cod doesn't see this

MarsLady Sun 24-Apr-05 09:06:06

I have no idea what we are having today because I'm NOT cooking

honeybunny Sun 24-Apr-05 09:11:44

I'm joining you with Roast chicken here too Sparkler. That's if my 3 will let me. dh working again today. He'll have to make do with leftovers. Roast tatties done in duck fat, yummy!

Freckle Sun 24-Apr-05 09:27:44

DS2 found a recipe for roast chicken and veg, so demanded that I buy a chicken. I have done that and it is now down to DS2 to cook it!

MarsLady Sun 24-Apr-05 20:11:45

Freckle, did your son cook the roast then?

SPARKLER1 Sun 24-Apr-05 20:59:11

Didn't have roast in the end. Dh has been suffering with a hangover all day so I took the kids out. Shall have it tomorrow instead.

Freckle Mon 25-Apr-05 11:25:25

No. We had to go to a St. George's day parade in town and, by the time we got back, it was too late. We had something quick and easy instead, but ds2 did cook the pudding - Sticky Gecko Pudding from Planet Cook.

He will be doing the roast chicken for dinner this evening. We don't normally have a cooked meal for the boys in the evening as they have school lunches and a number of after school activities, but the chicken won't keep until the weekend, so we'll make an exception today.

Freckle Mon 25-Apr-05 21:19:31

If you're still interested, ds2 (9) cooked roast chicken with rosemary roasted potatoes and mixed veg today. He wouldn't let me help at all (which was a shame because he was taking such a long time peeling all the potatoes ). Ds1 (11) made lemon meringue pie too. Then I got to clear up........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now