Talk

Advanced search

mealtimes have become a battle with dd1

(8 Posts)
misdee Sat 23-Apr-05 18:18:31

she is 5yrs old. she wonmt eat breakfast, when she does its half a slice of toast. she hardly touches lunch. she has in her packed lunch a roll, juice, a small cake, and fruit. she eats half the roll and the cake, the other day she ate 3 bites of her roll. testime she just wont eat. she says she cant eat that much. she is small for her age, and weighs about 40lb (she is 5yrs old, and used to be on the 50th percentile, no idea where she is now).

she is atm refusing her dinner again (meatballs and pasta, a favourite of hers). i have asked her to eat a tablespoon of pasta and 3 meatballs (they are small). she is refusing saying she cant eat that much. she is however demanding a choclate moose, which she wont be getting till she has eaten.

i am trying hard not to lose with her, but she really isnt eating.

sparklymieow Sat 23-Apr-05 18:31:04

Misdee my DD1 is exactly the same atm, must be their age...

LGJ Sat 23-Apr-05 19:21:52

It's a control thing, don't ask her to eat, you give her half an hour, but don't tell her the time limit.

When the 30 minutes are up, just take the food up, without a word and put it in the bin.

And then allow nothing until the next meal.

And so on and so forth, DS rarely goes more than one meal, without eating.

I typed this about an hour ago, apologies if I am repeating any one elses post.

Enid Sun 24-Apr-05 12:14:40

mine does this.

I would get rid of the cake at lunch and lose the mousses too until things improve.

misdee Sun 24-Apr-05 13:08:46

enid i did that on friday, and she ate 3 bites of her roll [anger]

Aero Sun 24-Apr-05 13:26:13

Is she normally a good eater?
Dd is a little fusy sometimes but usually manages to get through enough for me to be satisfied she'll be ok.

I do find though, that if she is off her food, it can be a sign that she's not feeling 100%, though will still eat rubbishy type things iyswim.
Is it possible she could be coming down with anything?

misdee Sun 24-Apr-05 17:31:52

she has been a pain about food for years. we cant get veg into her, so am now disguising veg in sauces (grated 2 very large carrots into shepherds pie the other day). she wont touch fruit even tho i put it in her lunch bag hoping she may eat it if theres nothign else on other. so far it hasnt work.

sparklymieow Sun 24-Apr-05 22:58:37

is she eating the fruit that the scool provide?? Every school provides fruit or carrots for snack time now..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: