Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

good recipes for freezer

(7 Posts)
redheadmum Thu 21-Apr-05 12:40:43

I'm expecting my second in June, and want to do some cooking ahead to put in the freezer. Any ideas for meals (lunch and dinner) and recipes?

starshaker Thu 21-Apr-05 12:46:11

im going into hospital tonight to be induced and have left various things for dp for about a week lol

in the freezer we have pizza,
lasange, meatballs, chicken already cooked only needs a sauce, steak, mince, soup and curry. for lunch dp can have noodles sandwiches and anything else he fancies. luckily dp can actually cook but have them there anyway if he wants something quick.

have also left instructions telling him what u CANNOT put in the microwave i.e takeaway tins lol

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 21-Apr-05 12:49:06

If you type in "fish pie" and my mumsnet name, I think it was marslady who posted the Annabel Karmel Fish Pie recipe for me. Dh, ds1 and 2 all love it. I buy some of those foil freezer containers, then make up double the recipe and freeze.

MumOnaMission Fri 22-Apr-05 20:42:28

mmmmm noodles sandwiches!!!

mummylonglegs Fri 29-Apr-05 12:01:39

How about some yummy icecreams ... [heh heh heh] ...

FLUM Fri 29-Apr-05 12:03:34

shepards pie

chicken pie

fish pie

any pie really

and soups too

Tipex Sun 01-May-05 21:52:16

casseroles freeze really well eg chicken and mushroom, beef stews etc. all chillis/spag bols and curries. they can then just do some veg or rice to go with them. soups are dead easy, whizz up any veg with stock or milk and hey presto.
I find it easier to freeze in microwaveable containers as they can be defrosted easier and dont have to remember to get them out the night before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now