Talk

Advanced search

Baby food - tomatoes - quick reply needed for todays lunch!

(8 Posts)
Gobbledigook Thu 21-Apr-05 10:20:41

My Heinz tinned tomatoes list ingredients as tomatoes, tomato juice and citric acid. Since salt is not listed, can I use this for ds3 who is nearly 8 months?

Also do you know if I cook normal sized pasta, can I whizz it with the hand blender to chop it down?

If yes to both of these, what can I add to the tomatoes and pasta for a nice lunch for him?

Thanks wise ones!

lunavix Thu 21-Apr-05 10:21:55

Think the tomatos are okay

Tried wizzing pasta before made a HUGE mess - try choppping it?

Have you any meat? Cream cheese and bacon?

compo Thu 21-Apr-05 10:22:36

Yes that all sounds fine to me. You could add grated cheese which would make it yummy.

compo Thu 21-Apr-05 10:24:47

you could also add mince for a more spag bol type meal

compo Thu 21-Apr-05 10:25:19

you could also add mince for a more spag bol type meal with mushrooms and onion perhaps

NotQuiteCockney Thu 21-Apr-05 10:26:50

My DS2, at nearly 7 months, is delighted with normal pasta as finger food - penne or spirals are easier than spaghetti, I think.

I'd do a standard tomato sauce, onions, garlic, basil, oregano, and then add some cheese at the end.

Bozza Thu 21-Apr-05 10:33:52

I think that would be fine. Add a bit of mince or whatever veg you have - maybe carrots or courgettes? Have never blended pasta but if you chop it up small it goes down OK. DD never keen on pasta as finger food because of texture I think.

Gobbledigook Thu 21-Apr-05 10:54:20

Thanks everyone - pasta with tomatoes, herbs and cheese probably.

I'll use the tomatoes with mince and carrots and onions to make a shepherds pie type thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now