Talk

Advanced search

What are you having for dinner?

(50 Posts)
Gobbledigook Tue 19-Apr-05 18:20:53

We are having chicken (and bacon) caesar salad and garlic bread (got to be an easy one as I'm working)

Kids have had 'picnic tea' - crackers and philadelphia, ham, cubes of cheese, apple chunks, raisins, hula hoops, yoghurt

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 19-Apr-05 18:27:38

Dss have had fish pie, then strawberries.

Dh will have same fish pie later.

I've had spinach soup, then a banana and some strawberries.

NomDePlume Tue 19-Apr-05 18:29:13

DH & I are having noodles with prawns and stir fry veggies in sweet chilli sauce.

DD had fish fingers and mash

Yorkiegirl Tue 19-Apr-05 18:31:30

Message withdrawn

MarsLady Tue 19-Apr-05 18:32:36

are they Nigella's spicy meatballs perchance?

compo Tue 19-Apr-05 18:32:55

spaghetti pasta with salmon, cream and sweetcorn. yummy

noddyholder Tue 19-Apr-05 18:33:32

We are having haddock,couscous and veg with sweet chilli sauce and mayo on the side that is my favourite Ds is at a friends for tea so don't have to cook for him

Yorkiegirl Tue 19-Apr-05 18:33:56

Message withdrawn

snafu Tue 19-Apr-05 18:34:05

Poached salmon, saute potatoes, salad.

And then steamed chocolate pudding with creme fraiche to undo all the good work of the salmon hehehehe.

spykid Tue 19-Apr-05 18:34:11

left over spinach and riccotta canelloni from last night(from Jamies Dinners)
Delicious!!

Enid Tue 19-Apr-05 18:35:27

hellish day from hell re work so easy food

kids fish fingers, chips, peas, broccoli, yogurts (2 each)

us meatballs (ready made from Waitrose ) but with homemade tomato sauce and spaghetti and salad.

Enid Tue 19-Apr-05 18:36:20

I made Jamies Dinners lasagne (with a layer of roasted butternut squash - yum!) at the w/e - very good it is too, fed us all for 2 days.

MarsLady Tue 19-Apr-05 18:36:31

ok Yorkie, you know what I'm gonna say...............

post recipe please

serenity Tue 19-Apr-05 19:03:06

Baked potatoes, salad, left over chicken fajitas from yesterday (which I had) left over greek sausagey things from MILs on Sunday, few grilled english sausages.

We're going to have strawberries, bananas, and grapes with ice cream when I can get my back side away from the PC

Yorkiegirl Tue 19-Apr-05 19:03:37

Message withdrawn

NomDePlume Tue 19-Apr-05 19:04:38

noddy "We are having haddock,couscous and veg with sweet chilli sauce and mayo on the side that is my favourite Ds is at a friends for tea so don't have to cook for him"

I read it as 'my favourite DS is at a friends' &

WideWebWitch Tue 19-Apr-05 19:07:22

The children had eggy bread, cheese, cucumber, melon, toast and peanut butter
Dp and I had fishfingers and peas. And I also had a tomato. Tomorrow night is more exciting, I have salmon fillets marinating in miso, soy, ginger from Fat Girl Slim and cooked potatoes ready to make into a potato salad with honey & mustard dressing.

psychomum5 Tue 19-Apr-05 19:09:22

We are having salmon and prawns but still in descision(?) mode of what way (marslady gave fab recipe tho

Kiddies had tuna pasta earlier cos the girlies had tap but they all now tucking into my strawberries as they have come home starving. MY strawberries tho....mine..MINE...they have theirs in their lunchboxes for tomorrow!!!

knot Tue 19-Apr-05 19:10:21

sausage casserole, baked potatoe and mangetout and carrots.
then rhubarb crumble.

TheVillageIdiot Tue 19-Apr-05 19:16:21

We're having warm quiche with fresh salad and hot baguette. Complete with some snazzy little roast potatoes in the salad. Bit of a piccy teabut dp had a choice of that or salmon en croute. We had a big roast dinner last night though!

motherinferior Tue 19-Apr-05 19:50:36

I am (supposed to be) working and DP is out doing t'ai chi (with Binkie) so I am going to eat two slices of wholemeal toast spread with organic peanut butter and masses of very hot mango pickle, along with the half cucumber still lurking in our fridge, sliced and mixed with chopped artichoke hearts in oil.

Delicious.

darlingbud Tue 19-Apr-05 19:54:27

I have had 2 Quorn lamb style minted grills and salad, followed by a homemade slimming world baked egg custard. A bit later I am going to have some slimming world vegetable quiche and a muller light yoghurt.

zubb Tue 19-Apr-05 19:58:22

We had lasagne and salad (well me and dh had the salad bit). I made the lasagne with Jamie Olivers 'very veggie sauce' rather than just the tomatoes that I usually use. Ds1 even went back for seconds - but it's always been his favourite so I know I'm on a winner when I cook it.

Prufrock Tue 19-Apr-05 20:03:48

We've had Nigellas frankfurter and lentil soup, but with sausages instead of frankfurters. DD had a strawberry and yoghurt ice lolly and ds had a yoghurt

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 19-Apr-05 20:05:50

www, I don't know why, but "And I had a tomato" made me lol .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now