Talk

Advanced search

Chicken and rice

(11 Posts)
Peckarollover Tue 19-Apr-05 10:37:46

DD is having a friend for tea round tonight and at the school gate ths mornng said friend requested chicken and rice for her tea!

What do I do?

LIZS Tue 19-Apr-05 10:40:48

Rice , plain grilled/sauteed chicken and veg
Sweet and sour chicken with rice
Chicken Risotto

Marina Tue 19-Apr-05 10:40:58

Grilled chicken and rice cooked in stock with peas and sweetcorn is what we have, pecka. Ds likes the skin crispy with black pepper on...

popsycal Tue 19-Apr-05 10:42:09

buy a jar of pesto

oooh or do my chicken papriks

tortoiseshell Tue 19-Apr-05 10:42:57

We do chicken with mushroom/onion/bacon in a Chicken Tonight Chasseur sauce. - just brown the ingredients in a pan, add the sauce, simmer for 20 minutes and there you are!

popsycal Tue 19-Apr-05 10:43:06

chicken paprika
1.peel a couple of onions and fry them
2. get chicken pieces (cut up chicken breast is best) and roll them in a bit of flour
3. fry them in a separate frying pan (not really eesential to have two pans but better with timing that way) - cook til 'browned' then put in pan with onions
4. add a couple of peppers chopped up and a dessert spoon of paprika (the recipe says take out the chicken for this but I never do as it is only part cooked at this stage - but i shove it to one side of the pan and put the paprika over onions and pepper)
5. cook for afew minutes
6. add a couple of tomatoes chopped up
7. add 300ml chicken stock (i just use boiling water though)
8. cover and simmer for abotu 20 mins tiil chicken is cooked

9. take out chicken
10. put 1tablespoon of cornflour into a mug with a little bit of cold water in then stir that into the sauce
11. stir constantly and bring it to the boil
12. add 50ml of soured cream - simmer but don't boil as cream will go yucky
13. pour sauce on chicken

serve with rice or couscous

LIZS Tue 19-Apr-05 10:51:14

ooh that sounds yummy !

popsycal Tue 19-Apr-05 10:54:24

it is....

Bozza Tue 19-Apr-05 11:06:29

Annabel Karmel's one pot chicken and rice.
Jambalaya (I use chicken and sausages as the meat content)
A mild curry

Prufrock Tue 19-Apr-05 11:12:56

Chicken thighs, drizzled with Olive Oil, lemon juice and garlic. Roast, and halfway through add a cup of water or stock.
Cook rice by absorbtion method, and at end of cooking time get out chicken and pour juices into rice pan to cook off a bit. I usually add some peas to the rice whilst cooking as well.

LIZS Thu 21-Apr-05 17:57:09

Just made popsy's chicken paprika and it went down well, thank you. Could have been a bit hotter for my taste so perhaps less cream/more paprika next time but kids happily ate it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now