Talk

Advanced search

WHATS IN YOUR DDS LUNCHBOX 4TOMORROW??

(68 Posts)
ambrosia Mon 18-Apr-05 19:40:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lunavix Mon 18-Apr-05 19:51:35

Ds is a year so no lunchboxes!

He will have: hommous sandwich, an apple, possible a banana too (eating us out of house and home atm) and some raisins.

Dp (who does have a 'lunchbox') will have vinigarette-style cous cous, with pitta bread, and a n apple and a satsuma.

I'll have a mullerlight drink, an apple and a satsuma.

Aimsmum Mon 18-Apr-05 19:51:59

Message withdrawn

lunavix Mon 18-Apr-05 19:52:07

Ds is a year so no lunchboxes!

He will have: hommous sandwich, an apple, possible a banana too (eating us out of house and home atm) and some raisins.

Dp (who does have a 'lunchbox') will have vinigarette-style cous cous, with pitta bread, and a n apple and a satsuma.

I'll have a mullerlight drink, an apple and a satsuma.

lunavix Mon 18-Apr-05 19:52:52

(oops sorry)

WideWebWitch Mon 18-Apr-05 19:55:22

Ds: peanut butter sandwich, 2 apples, a satsuma, a pear, some grapes, a home made fairy cake, some pistachios, a bit of cucumber, a box of raisins, water
dp: hummus and tomato sandwich plus all the fruit and stuff above.

Enid Mon 18-Apr-05 20:02:09

Dd1 is going through a non-eating phase. Today she had 2 cold sausages, a piece of cheese, a pear and a mini choc croissant. She left the cheese and only ate half the pear. Drank water.

cod Mon 18-Apr-05 20:02:57

Message withdrawn

ambrosia Mon 18-Apr-05 20:07:07

noddyholder Mon 18-Apr-05 20:08:49

ham sandwich(nice ham)satsuma raisins plain mineral water cut up carrot and 2 choc biccies he is 10 BTW

ambrosia Mon 18-Apr-05 20:10:07

Eowyn Mon 18-Apr-05 20:17:14

my dd is in reception & hates it when the big children come into lunch so I have had to make her progressively less & less lunch or she would leave it in a panic.
so now just 2 cheese/ham/cucumber sandwiches (1 slice of bread) & a biscuit. lots of grapes/apple at break.
started the year with a proper round, babybel,grapes & jaffa cakes.
funnily enough she eats anything in the house when she gets home.

Peachyclair Mon 18-Apr-05 20:17:17

marmite sarnies, mineral water for snack (allergic to milk), oranhe juice, apricot school bar, carrot, raisins.

Boring but its what he likes.

Enid Mon 18-Apr-05 20:23:32

snap eowyn, its stressful for them isnt it

coldtea Mon 18-Apr-05 20:26:30

Tuna Pasta
Yoghurt
banana

Bottle of water with a splash of orange???? Can't remember who make it but it has sponge bob square pants on

coldtea Mon 18-Apr-05 20:27:42

LOL cod

rodeo1 Tue 19-Apr-05 11:27:32

cheese and cucumber sandwich with salad cream
cherry tomatoes
strawberries
a multifruit actimel
and water!

Beetroot Tue 19-Apr-05 11:35:09

Message withdrawn

GhostofNatt Tue 19-Apr-05 11:46:25

Yikes, hpw are you getting all these things in one lunhcbox. feeling like bad mum, usuallya manage sandwich, oiece fruit, cereal bar, drink. maybe am starving child...

SPARKLER1 Tue 19-Apr-05 12:14:01

Marmite or paste sandwich
fromage frais
apple/plum or banana
pack crisps
piece of cheese or cheese string
cake bar
orange squash.

chipmonkey Tue 19-Apr-05 12:46:17

mini roll with cheese
little yoghurt
Actimel
mineral water
apple

The roll may or may not get eaten. the actimel will be consumed as will the yoghurt, There will be 2 bites taken out of the apple and yoghurt smeared on the rest of it (why?) a quarter of the water will be drunk and yoghurt will also be smeared on the outside of the bottle.

spidermum Tue 19-Apr-05 13:44:36

My dd also in reception gets very worried about the bigger children coming in and her not having finished lunch. The quantity of food which goes into her lunch box is about half of what she would have at home. She always says she just wants 4 things! Usually one sandwich (2 slices of bread, crusts off!) marmite and cheese or veggie pate. A small sugar loaded yogurt. A little pot of home made fruit salad and a biscuit of sorts, sesame snaps current favourite. I really wish school lunches (packed) were better managed. Why can't they have a lunch partner who eats at the same rate as them so they don't panic about being left on their own or all have to stay seated for 20 minutes or something. Also my dd or ds1 for that matter never drink their water. I just worry about them in the pm re their concentration. I also wish (sorry) that they had water on the table and the dinner ladies helped pour, I never buy cartons of juice, they make such a mess as are never finished and are expensive.

serenity Tue 19-Apr-05 13:52:23

DS1 and 2 have the same, today they had

grated cheese, ham and mayo wrap
cheesestring
mini pepperami
frozen yoplait tube thingy
cereal bar (nut free - school policy)
apple
orange
pkt of crisps
flask of blackcurrant

DSs know to eat the fruit first (either at lunch or during play) If they don't they lose a 'nice' bit of their lunch the next day.

mummyhill Tue 19-Apr-05 13:59:12

Strawberry jam sandwich only thing she will eat on her sandwiches. Grapes, apple and banana, quavers i know not brilliant. weak squash as she won't drink plain water.

GhostofNatt Tue 19-Apr-05 14:02:40

Soem of these lunches have about ten items in - do they really all get eaten? Maybe older kids eat thsi much?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now