Talk

Advanced search

Growth spurt or eyes bigger than belly?

(8 Posts)
janx Fri 15-Apr-05 14:19:54

My dd is 7 months and is a girl who definately likes her food, In the last week she seems to be hungry all the time. Whenever I feed her - it never seems enough and makes a noise for more. Now she wants snacks in between breakfast and lunch - I feel like I am continually feeding her. Is this a growth spurt? what do other people feed their babes?

sasa15 Fri 15-Apr-05 14:44:24

big bowl of pasta with veg or meat and veg...keep him going...plus always offer fruit or pudding after...lunch...

snacks of cow and gate biscuits...savoury,..toast or bits of fruits mainly banana as less messy....

tea time...I never know...cheese and potatoes..or pasta again...or only veg and yogurt...

ds 8 months and half....loves greek yogurt

highlander Fri 15-Apr-05 17:48:29

Funny, Janx, I was thinking the same thing about my DS. He's nearly 8mo and eats like a horse - he's demanding a lot of booby between naps and meals as well. Maybe I should introduce a fruit puree snack? My neighbour says that her DD at this age (until about 11 months) ate more than she does now (currently 15 months).

janx Fri 15-Apr-05 19:01:00

hi
Highlander - my dd wants more boob as well!! I'm giving her fruits and toast for snacks - I feel like she is eating as much as me - what do you give ds for brekkie? - my dd has boob, then cereal then toast and sometimes some fruit as well

zebraX Fri 15-Apr-05 19:19:46

Steady stream of rice cakes and apple cores (left overs from my 3yo) keeps my 10 month old going inbetween his "proper" meals.

janx Sat 16-Apr-05 19:12:19

oh the wonder of rice cakes - thought she needed to be older, but saw on packet it was fine - she loves them so much - I think I will be buying shares!!

Twiglett Sat 16-Apr-05 19:14:16

babies do eat like horses for the first year though, don't worry it eventually settles down

I think they are supposed to get snacks between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner

if it helps my 11 month old has been eating the equivalent of 2 weetabix and a banana for breakfast for a good 2 to 3 months now (as well as huge lunches, dinners and snacks)

hermykne Sat 16-Apr-05 19:27:02

my ds has been going nuts for food i actually held back a bit, so its obviously what they do, i was a bit concerned, does anyone think that for what goes in - not much comes out....i wonder where it goes because my lo is not overly chubby in fact not at all. and i kinda thought he might be clogging up

and just this week he has been very keen on boob too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now