Talk

Advanced search

what to make with chorizo sausage and spinach?

(10 Posts)
georgeclooneyfan Tue 03-Mar-09 15:00:35

I have chorizo sausage and some spinach that need used, does anyone have a pasta type recipe or any other idea of what I could make with it.

Many thanks

cestlavie Tue 03-Mar-09 15:02:33

Paella? Do you have any risotto rice?

claireybeemine Tue 03-Mar-09 15:03:20

Do you have beans of any type? I do a nice stew with chorizo, beans and spinach. Basically just those ingredients, a tin of tomatoes and some onion and garlic if I can be bothered grin Normally serve it with rice or crusty bread

titchy Tue 03-Mar-09 15:21:08

Make a pasta sauce with onions, garlic, tinned tomatoes, spinach adn chirizo. Or stir fry new potatoes, tinned toms, chorizo onion etc and add soured cream at the end. have spinach on the side.

Mintyy Tue 03-Mar-09 15:27:01

You want chick pea and chorizo stew, of course. I got the recipe from Marie Claire years ago and its still one of my favourites.

Slice the chorizo and brown in gently in a heavy casserole until the fat runs. Remove with slotted spoon. Gently fry a large onion and some crushed garlic in the spicy chorizo-y oil. When they are well softened add a tin of drained chick peas and a tin of chopped tomatoes, basil/oregano/bay leaf if you have them, 1/2 tsp sugar, black pepper and put the chorizo back in.

Cook covered on the hob for about 30 mins then take lid off and cook for another 5 or 10 mins to reduce down the tomatoes.

Wash the spinach. Put it on top of the stew. Return the lid, until it has wilted.

Serve with rice or crusty bread. Sometimes, I cook potatoes in with the chick peas if we are not having rice or bread with it.

georgeclooneyfan Tue 03-Mar-09 15:38:27

thanks for all the ideas they sound nice, I will go and see what other ingredients I have to add too it. I can't make it to the supermarket so I will need to use what I have.I nearly always have tinned tomatoes though.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 03-Mar-09 15:40:59

I love chorizo and stilton risotto (with spinach could be good...)

iggypiggy Tue 03-Mar-09 15:41:52

I love this recipe

then use spinach for green salad on side smile

giantkatestacks Tue 03-Mar-09 15:49:33

I like chorizo and spinach in an omelette - spanish tortilla style so you can cut it into wedges...

StirlingTheStrong Tue 03-Mar-09 16:10:57

I often make a Chorizo and Chickpea soup but add spinach instead of cabbage.

It is very tasty smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: