Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast... what can they eat?

(8 Posts)
dabihp Fri 15-Apr-05 08:25:33

Since so many cereals have high sugar content (even plain old rice crispies have glucose-fructose syrup inthem!!!)

What do you deem healthy enough to give to your child???

Quick suggestions appreciated as I am off shopping , lol

hermykne Fri 15-Apr-05 08:27:02

cheerios are ok, good old fashioned porridge, weetabix

wordsmith Fri 15-Apr-05 08:27:48

I read something about this in the paper a while back. The lowest sugar cereals are apparently porridge and weetabix. Can't remember what else.

triceratops Fri 15-Apr-05 08:27:59

ds has weetabix or porridge. He does insist on adding sugar half the time though . He insists that they are mashed dinosaurs though as he is a T Rex.

LGJ Fri 15-Apr-05 08:28:04

DS 3.5 either has brown bread toasted with Dalfour sugar free jam.

Or a banana.
or
Sainsburys own shreddies (not sure what these are like)
or
Or a low fat youghurt.

triceratops Fri 15-Apr-05 08:30:13

have to make sure there are enough calories there though. ds is 3.5 and needs about 300 calories for his breakfast if he is to last until lunch. And there is apparantly quite a lot of salt in weetabix for those who are concerned about such things.

wild Fri 15-Apr-05 09:08:47

I put dates and banana with ds weetabix
he also has porridge
He likes frosties and golden grahams!

debs26 Fri 15-Apr-05 09:10:27

today we had brown toast with philadelphia spread on, topped with banana and sprinkled with a little brown sugar. kids also enjoy beans on toast, scrambled eggs on toast, porridge & weetabix, followed by as much fruit as they can eat in the time we have before school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now