Talk

Advanced search

Pizza base advice needed help!!

(10 Posts)
Lucycat Tue 12-Apr-05 14:16:34

I am making my very first homemade pizza (this Jamie Oliver has a lot to answer for!!) and the base is currently proving on the windowsill! When I roll it out, am I best to leave it on the baking sheet and put it in a cold oven or can I put it in the the fridge, before I 'decorate' it this evening? I'm scared I'll kill the poor yeast if I refrigerate it. Ooooh dilemma help!!

cod Tue 12-Apr-05 14:17:07

Message withdrawn

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 12-Apr-05 14:18:35

I always leave mine out but cover them with cling film.

Lucycat Tue 12-Apr-05 14:19:06

It's not going to carry on rising and I'm going to have to balance my mozzarella on it am I?

cod Tue 12-Apr-05 14:19:42

Message withdrawn

tarantula Tue 12-Apr-05 14:30:28

CATS!!! knew I was going wrong somewhere in the baking process Cheers cod.

Lucycat Tue 12-Apr-05 14:32:25

Don't tempt her, that's why I have to leave it in the cold fridge, cat fur and mozzarella yummy. She can smell the chorizo through the fridge door I swear and is following me round like a bad smell!! anyway thanks for your help, I'll let you know how it turned out tomorrow - unless I poison the whole family then we'll be on the news!!

Lucycat Tue 12-Apr-05 14:33:37

or even the cold oven duurrr bread making has addled my thoughts!!

sweetmonkey Tue 12-Apr-05 14:35:54

if its the jamie oliver base you are dong its lovely, i made a load before and in a progamme i watched with him he said you can place the bases between sheet s of greaseproof paper or foil i think and put in fridge unitl use and they can lst for 2-3 days like that, then when you want one just take it out on sheet decorate and put straight into oven on sheet. all this talk of food today making me soooooo hungry

Lucycat Wed 13-Apr-05 12:39:34

Well we are all still alive so no food poisoning!! dd1 (4.11) who has always refused pizza before, enjoyed decorating theirs with tomato mixture, ham and sweetcorn! dd1 ate the base and didn't like the topping and dd2 (23mths) picked all the topping off hers and left the base! so between them it was a success. dh wolfed his chorizo and mozzarella and declared it was much better than Tesco's!!-

Thanks to everyone for their help - and I even ,managed to freeze a couple of bases to use another time! Long live King Jamie O!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now