Talk

Advanced search

SWEETCORN AND PEA PUREE

(8 Posts)
mambamum Tue 12-Apr-05 11:13:56

Hi anyone got any tips on how best to puree sweetcorn and pea. Being a lazy mum would prefer to buy it ready made but have found the only make doing something similar is organix and they have other thngs added to the recipe. Wondered if there would be bits in it after you blend it. Also anyone know where to get organic frozen peas and sweetcorn?

nailpolish Tue 12-Apr-05 11:16:15

hi, i just cook sweetcorn with leeks (which i steam first), peas and some porrige oats (a la annabel karmel) and then blend them in a blender with some milk. nothing fancy. my 6 mth old eats it fine, i dont find there are any bits

hth

nailpolish Tue 12-Apr-05 11:16:39

and you can freeze it

LIZS Tue 12-Apr-05 11:17:28

How old is the baby ? Don't think I bothered with either until could blend it and mash with potato. Guess you could puree in a blender and push through a sieve to remove the casings ?

Waitrose might stock organic frozen ones.

Bozza Tue 12-Apr-05 11:31:44

Just used to blend it as with any other veg with no problems. Well peas anyway - can't remember every gigin pureed sweetcorn. How old is baby?

lunarx Tue 12-Apr-05 11:39:46

i found organic frozen corn and peas at tesco...

i dont know if your local store sells 'babyilious' frozen baby food, but if it does, it might be worth looking into also (i think there was a mix with pea and leek).

i've only made sweetcorn in one or two recipes and there were any bits leftover. peas, well since i dont own a foodmill (or mouli as i think they are called here), i cooked the peas first, let them cool down a bit and then i would 'shell' them by hand. (yes a lot of work, but no bits in the recipes)

good luck!

Bozza Tue 12-Apr-05 12:23:51

Good grief. I remember seiving some potatoes for DS and saying never again. DD didn't have potatoes until she could cope with them mashed. She only had to do without for a month or so from first weaning until eating mash.

Maisiemog Thu 21-Apr-05 15:36:31

I started my ds on food on Sunday, and the second meal he had was butternut squash and peas. I put it in a liquidiser, but there were still bits of pea around. Anyway, he ate it and it just went straight through - he seems happy enough and he enjoyed eating it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now