Talk

Advanced search

What type of yoghurt do you use in muffin recipes?

(7 Posts)
Norfolkbumpkin Fri 13-Feb-09 20:31:07

I am thinking of making some blueberry muffins using Nigella's recipe. She suggests using half yoghurt/half milk instead of buttermilk. Would it be natural yoghurt? Haven't made muffins before so this is all new to me.

jooseyfruit Fri 13-Feb-09 20:31:39

yes natural yog.

feedthegoat Fri 13-Feb-09 20:33:36

Yes just plain natural yoghurt. Her lemon and raspberry ones are fantastic too - I've never managed to cool a batch of those grin.

AitchTwoOh Fri 13-Feb-09 20:35:13

it's a good recipe, imo, but there are too many blueberries in it.

Norfolkbumpkin Fri 13-Feb-09 20:37:07

I'm thinking they might be a nice treat for dd who is 17 months, it gets quite expensive buying organix gingerbread men etc when I know I should have a go at making something myself!

Norfolkbumpkin Fri 13-Feb-09 20:44:47

The recipe says 200g of blueberries, but I have bought a 150g tub thinking this will do. Do you think this will be o.k. Aitch?

AitchTwoOh Fri 13-Feb-09 20:58:50

totally, norfolk. 200 is far too many.
i use that recipe all the time, for any old crappy fruit i have lying around. in fact, i keep a few little pots of yog in the fridge specially.
i've used banana, rasps, raisins and cinnamon, that sort of thing. and dd at 3 is pretty proficient at mixing it up and doing the cases. (mine never rise as much as in the picture, i should confess, probably cos i'm so slapdash about it.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now