Talk

Advanced search

What are you giving your children for lunch?

(17 Posts)
colditzmum Mon 11-Apr-05 12:00:38

I am flat out of ideas. My son is 2, and at this rate it will be egg and chips in the local cafe!

MrsBigD Mon 11-Apr-05 12:02:29

LOL dd is a fussy eater but pasta shapes with extra butter and cheese to fatten her up usually do the trick. Or supernoodles/rice with some veggies cut in and cheese. It's all nice and quick. Usually also deposit a yoghurt and a banana in sight in case she goes on to them afterwards, but usually that takes a couple of hours

colditzmum Mon 11-Apr-05 12:05:29

Ah, noodles, there's an idea.....

MrsDoolittle Mon 11-Apr-05 12:06:33

MrsBigD - me too!

WideWebWitch Mon 11-Apr-05 12:06:49

Mine's just had lentil hot pot but it takes 40 mins what about
Omelette
Scrambled egg
Beans on toast
Boiled egg and dippies

cp3 Mon 11-Apr-05 12:07:03

Swedish chicken meatballs, beans and a slice of bread and butter

MandM Mon 11-Apr-05 12:07:40

Eggy bread (thanks to Mumsnet) is a life saver in our house when all else fails! Sprinkle with some raisins and chopped banana to lessen the amount of sugar needed and you can even do 'double' slices with jam between. DD likes her done in bite-size squares rather than full slices!

sandyballs Mon 11-Apr-05 12:07:59

My DDs are at MILs today and she will take great pleasure in telling me how they ate all her shepherds pie and asked for seconds, whereas they usually turn their nose up at mine

ScummyMummy Mon 11-Apr-05 12:14:05

mmmm! I'd go for the egg and chips myself.

iota Mon 11-Apr-05 12:49:47

ds1 is having round grated chedder sandwiches - cut out by himself using the cookie cutter, and cucumber on the side.

ds2 will have whatever nursery is having

treacletart Mon 11-Apr-05 12:52:48

We're both having Baxters minestrone soup - ds21m eats all the pasta first, then the carrots, then the peas ... and we have to name each bit as it goes in

Chandra Mon 11-Apr-05 12:55:27

Spanish black rice with calamari, small pate sandwich, grapes, satsuma, apple and a tiny piece of chocolate cake.

Chandra Mon 11-Apr-05 12:56:51

My last post translates in to a few words= leftovers from sunday lunc and fruit

Bonkerz Mon 11-Apr-05 13:10:04

we had Vegetable Cakes (veg and mash in breadcrumbs) with veggie rice!!

Aimsmum Mon 11-Apr-05 13:13:07

Message withdrawn

HondaDream Mon 11-Apr-05 13:13:50

Today I am running a cafe again. Nobody wants to eat samething. Can only eat so much pasta. Have started to make my own Pesto. At least it is healthy and fresh. Decided not to cook anything tonight and see what happens!!!

Hulababy Mon 11-Apr-05 13:30:04

DD (just 3) is having a late lunch. She is having a bit of a picnic lunch, sat on the floor on a blanket with her dollies. She has prawns, ham, yellow and orange pepper, cheese, bread. For pudding she has some home made rice pudding and raisins.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: