Talk

Advanced search

Please help - weaning problems : (

(4 Posts)
char77 Sun 10-Apr-05 21:31:06

Hi, my little boy is just over 7 months old and just not interested in pureed food, just my breast but as a consequence is feeding constantly and that, combined with his bad eczema, means that i have only been getting 3 hours sleep in total per night for the last 2 and a half months and that is disrupted every 50 mins or so so completely exhausted. Would it be safe to put him straight on finger foods as sure he'd eat those? Not sure whether it would be risky as he's not used to eating. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Charlotte x

pixiefish Sun 10-Apr-05 21:34:35

at 7 months he should be able to handle finger food- just be careful that it's soft enough that he won't choke on it

NannyJo Sun 10-Apr-05 22:10:50

char, have you tried just baby rice. My DS is going through this at the mo (just to get him used to textures). only wants baby rice made with his milk.
Poor ouy hope it all works out v.soon

mmmmchocolate Sun 10-Apr-05 22:53:59

hi, my dd isn't very keen on food off of a spoon but what she loves ( sorry but i'm a bad mummy)is skips, so i tip a few on high chair and everytime she opens her mouth in i pop some food along with it. works most the time. Also high chair toys whilst she is busy with that she barely notices the food going in, I am sure it is just a phase and you will find him loving food next week, i would perserve (not sure on spelling) good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now