Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How much do you feed your LO's?

(8 Posts)
SBailey Sun 10-Apr-05 17:48:59

My DS is 9 months and this week I've only just started giving him normal everyday foods but I'm not sure how much is too much or too little.

A typical day so far is as follows:

9am - Ready Brek &4oz bottle

11am - biscuit / breadstick / slice of jam on bread / slices of fruit with water

1.30pm - Scrambled egg, yoghurt & 4oz bottle

3.30pm - biscuit / breadstick / slices of fruit with water (only if really grouchy)

5pm - Cheese sandwich made with 1 slice of bread & 4oz bottle

6.30pm - 4oz bottle before bed

How much do you feed your LO's?

Thanks.

littlerach Sun 10-Apr-05 18:06:37

Sounds about right, they are all so different at this age, it is haerd to say. DD2 is 8 months and has a similar pattern.
7am 6oz milk inc Weetabix
10am 4oz milk
12.30pm lunch, usually fish or chicken with veg
3pm 4oz milk
5pm
tea usually mashed potato, veg, cheese, or shepherds pie. yoghurt and fruit.
6.30 milk, doesn't often take any.

They are supposed to have about a pint of milk a day.

franch Sun 10-Apr-05 18:13:42

As far as quantity is concerned, I just made sure DD was getting enough milk and other than that she ate as much as she wanted - I didn't stop at each meal till she started refusing what I was offering. Don't think you can over-feed - they regulate their own appetite at this stage.

Seemed to work - I still apply pretty much the same principles and at 15m she's the picture of health. And she loves her veggies - maybe up the proportion of those in your DS's diet? I also stick to 3 meals a day - she eats loads at each of these so I haven't needed to offer snacks routinely as yet.

HTH

LoubieLou04 Sun 10-Apr-05 18:15:12

I felt exactly the same when DD was same age. But when I looked at other kids and some seemed to be eating loads more than her and others not as much I decided to let her lead the way. So long as he's getting enough milk and gaining weight nicely don't worry. Also found that some weeks she would eat lots and then others hardly anything.

SBailey Sun 10-Apr-05 19:33:46

He won't drink anymore than the 4 x 4oz bottles a day and every month when I take him to the baby clinic I get a lecture on him being over-weight.

Think I'll carry on as I am but add more fruit and veg and if I get a lecture next time they can stick it. I know my DS and he won't eat if he's not hungry.

Thanx

franch Mon 11-Apr-05 09:48:15

That sounds like a good plan. Definitely up the fruit & especially veg, you've got good calcium-rich stuff in there, stick to about 3 portions of carbs a day, and maybe don't give him sugary food such as jam?? Then they won't have anything to get you on!

Toothache Mon 11-Apr-05 09:51:03

Whats an LO?? I don't know if I feed mine at all!

franch Wed 13-Apr-05 17:51:39

little one. Hopefully you do from time to time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now