Talk

Advanced search

Interesting ideas for dips

(9 Posts)
LIZS Wed 04-Feb-09 15:28:59

Attending a potluck supper on Saturday for 10 . Can do humous etc but was wondering about something more interesting to serve as an alternative with pitta, maybe fish based or cheesy . Any ideas please ?

mrsdisorganised Wed 04-Feb-09 15:34:11

Avocados, sweet chilli sauce, green jalepeno peppers (ones in a jar, Discovery)little bit of creme fraiche...mash and use as a dip or in tacos....don't know quantities I made it up!

reluctantincubator Wed 04-Feb-09 15:35:08

best dip i have ever tasted in entire world was in california and was smoked cheese and artichoke. Fraid I have no recipe. I found this one on the web, though cant vouch for it, but the combination of flavours is great if it works. Might try this myself now I have it actually.....

Artichoke cheese dip recipe, baked with Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, artichokes, and seasonings.
Ingredients:

* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
* dash garlic powder
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
* 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped ripe tomato

Preparation:
Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, artichokes, and garlic powder; blend well. Spread mixture in a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Garnish with the green onion and chopped tomato. Serve with assorted crackers or tortilla chips.

ilovemydogandMrObama Wed 04-Feb-09 15:37:09

pesto with a bit of yoghurt/creme fraiche

horseradish and sour cream

babaganoush (eggplant baked, tahini, garlic)

Carmenere Wed 04-Feb-09 15:39:00

I second aubergine caviar/baba gahnoush. It is divine.

christiana Wed 04-Feb-09 15:48:32

Message withdrawn

LIZS Wed 04-Feb-09 15:54:03

ooh my mouth is watering thank you !

ComeOVeneer Wed 04-Feb-09 15:55:38

I love the artichoke one, we had it loads in Chicago. Also hot crab dip is divine with cumin butter pitta chips, and spinach dip is another hit in this house.

pushchair Wed 04-Feb-09 16:06:25

i do an artichoke one:
Jar of artichoke hearts
1 soft goats cheese
parmesan-eh some, handful
olive oil if required
Garlic clove
Juice of lemon to taste

Drain artichokes and whizz all together, adding some more oil from jar or olive oil if needed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: