Talk

Advanced search

what happens if you leave bread dough to rise for too long

(8 Posts)
BlueCowBackToWondering Mon 02-Feb-09 12:01:35

or in this case pizza bases? DC are in garden with dh and don't want to bring them in!

Will it all go horribly wrong?!

LadyGlencoraPalliser Mon 02-Feb-09 12:07:46

I've never found it made any difference leaving it an extra hour or so. Specially for pizza bases when you are just smashing it flat again anyway.

oxocube Mon 02-Feb-09 18:52:06

I think it can taste very 'yeasty' if left a long time but not sure if that's only for the second rise. Pizzas should be fine

lucysmam Mon 02-Feb-09 20:30:25

I've never made pizza bases, is it the same as making bread just bash it flat & roll it out when it's risen?

LadyGlencoraPalliser Mon 02-Feb-09 21:01:28

Exactly so, Lucysmam. And then let the children put their own toppings on - if you're brave enough!

lucysmam Tue 03-Feb-09 09:20:32

cheers LadyGlencora, will be giving that a go when I get round to the rest of my huge list to try out

lucysmam Tue 03-Feb-09 09:20:34

cheers LadyGlencora, will be giving that a go when I get round to the rest of my huge list to try out

BlueCowBackToWondering Tue 03-Feb-09 13:54:15

thanks for all replies - pizza was a huge success 'from scratch' for dc (we took recipe from How to teach your granny to text.

But, how can I get base really flat for dh and me??? Rolling doesn't seem to get it thin enough, and I can't imagine doing the throwing thing thing as in Pizza Express!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: