Talk

Advanced search

help eating

(10 Posts)
squidgy69 Tue 05-Apr-05 18:41:06

I have a 4 yr old who will only eat crisps, peas with gravy and of course a nugget happy meal. Used to eat anything. Any ideas how I can get her to try new things and eat better. I'm getting worried about her now.

cod Tue 05-Apr-05 18:41:36

Message withdrawn

squidgy69 Tue 05-Apr-05 18:44:14

At the moment the happy meal is only on a saturday if she is good so the rest of the week is the worrying bit.

cod Tue 05-Apr-05 18:45:18

Message withdrawn

laneydaye Tue 05-Apr-05 19:15:18

been and still am to some extent going through this with my ds 4.2yrs...
i was struggling to get him to eat any veggies so i started on carrots ( told him bugs bunny eats them all the time) and every day with whatever i was cooking nuggets, pasta, rice,etc i cooked him 1 carrot until he ate them... took about 8 days..
i then moved on to sweetcorn...... we are still doing it..

he is only allowed treats if he eats everything on his plate!

its hard but it does eventually work if you persevere....
good luck..xx

littlerach Tue 05-Apr-05 19:19:00

We experienced this with DD1, and I have to say Cod is right, you have to just stop offering it. DD1 is now given what we are having, she was rewarded at first if she tried something,now she realises that most things are nice! If she really won't eat something she gets bread and butter instead. Have to say that she has really improved since DD2 was weaned.

squidgy69 Tue 05-Apr-05 19:41:40

Thanks guys. I will try those suggestions. Its great to know others have been through it and its not just me.

cod Tue 05-Apr-05 19:42:32

Message withdrawn

squidgy69 Tue 05-Apr-05 19:51:31

I don't allow her to have fizzy drinks too often. Prefer her to have milk or juice.

Enid Tue 05-Apr-05 19:59:02

no squash at all here except at cafes or friends houses - other mumsnetters think I am cruel <<evil Enid emoticon>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now